** Haylage use - for all horse owners/managers **

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
There is an extra space at the end of your URL and somehow you have bolded it and the embedded bolding edit characters will also stop the url working.

Dr_S_Daniels

Visit site
Thank you for your comment, we only require 4 answers, you can if you wish go up to 11 but it is not a requirement. We just want the top 4 thinks you would look for and for them to be prioritized in an order. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey thus far.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Typical shoddy research academic needing to repeat things at least four times!
Or maybe a massively over worked lecturer doing their best
Even with a doctorate, its possible to make a mistake

I did wonder at the repeats but sometimes they are deliberate to cross check accuracy or understanding?

Dr Daniels the huge problem I had with the survey, which I have done, is that not all haylage, or hay, is the same. A Timothy haylage, for example will usually be a lot lower in sugars than a ryegrass hay. You survey doesn't allow for this. I have answered as if all haylage and hay are made from the same grass.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Hi, the updated link does work.

I got half way through the survey but my heart sank when confronted by Q10. Just too many options for me to juggle with, I’d have ended up guessing them, so have not finished the survey]

Same here, it’s not in the slightest bit user friendly and as I have patience of a gnat I just didn’t carry on.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Sorry, I couldn't get through it either. I don't buy hay / haylage in line with the options available.

My horse is on livery, the haylage is made on the farm and the choice of mixing hay and haylage is because of compromising horses preference with weight management and other factors...and because I can (being on a livery yard where both is available). There weren't options available which let me answer in this way.

TGM

Visit site
I did manage to complete it, but did have to fudge some of the answers as the questionnaire was not very flexible to individual circumstances.

oldie48

Visit site
TBH I would have liked the opportunity to have said that I have my haylage made to suit my horses and it doesn't compare with most haylage as it is cut late and dried a bit more than usual . It keeps better than most haylage once opened, has a lower water content but still more than hay so it is less dusty and less likely to fizz a horse up. It all comes from the same 7 acre field. I found many of the potential answers somewhat irrelevent.

ITPersonnage

Visit site
[My horse is on livery, the haylage is made on the farm and the choice of mixing hay and haylage is because of compromising horses preference with weight management and other factors...and because I can (being on a livery yard where both is available). There weren't options available which let me answer in this way.[/QUOTE]

This, couldn't have put it better myself :)

Flicker

Visit site
Assuming that the OP really has a doctorate as their username suggests, you’d have hoped that they’d have checked that the link to their survey was working correctly before asking folk to complete it.

Any need for this comment? Link’s not working, just say so. Why the snark?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Any need for this comment? Link’s not working, just say so. Why the snark?
Because like others on here, I often give up my time to attempt to complete surveys that get posted on HHO, usually by uni students. Only too often, the surveys have been rushed out with inadequate proof reading, and it is we punters who have to point that fact out. Gets a bit tiresome after a time.