Haynet filler

Cassy

Visit site
Has anyone ever made one of these. I bought one last year that fixed to the barn wall but it soon fell apart. I think it must have been the weight of hay needed to feed one greedy horse.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Don't waste your money on these things, get yourself a plastic drum & cut the top out of it with a jig saw, Then drill three holes around the top at equal distances i.e. 12 o'clock, 4 o'clock & 8 o'clock & attach a bolt through each of the holes. Then get your hay net & hang it inside the drum using the bolts to hold the net in place. This will hold the net open while you fill it. I made one almost 2 years ago & it's still being used to stuff 10-12 nets a day & is in perfect order. :)

Arzada

Visit site
My husband made me one out of an old oil drum, works brilliantly and was cheaper than buying one!
The costs of buying a husband, the oil or plastic drum, the jigsaw, the drill, the drill bits, the bolts and the associated time make it cheaper, quicker and way easier to buy one!

moosea

Visit site
The costs of buying a husband, the oil or plastic drum, the jigsaw, the drill, the drill bits, the bolts and the associated time make it cheaper, quicker and way easier to buy one!

If you buy the upgraded husband he will fill the nets for you!!

Steerpike

Visit site
I must have the super super deluxe husband as he is doing evening stables for me tonight, with 7 horses in as I swan off to Olympia, he also built all my stables, my horse box amongst other stuff!!

JillA

Visit site
So who stocks the super deluxe husband? I've never been able to find a grade above the "your horses your responsibility" version, so I bought a wheelbarrow instead

Darlabean

Visit site
I must have the super super deluxe husband as he is doing evening stables for me tonight, with 7 horses in as I swan off to Olympia, he also built all my stables, my horse box amongst other stuff!!

You obviously have the Premier super super deluxe version, lucky ******!

Darlabean

Visit site
So who stocks the super deluxe husband? I've never been able to find a grade above the "your horses your responsibility" version, so I bought a wheelbarrow instead

They’re very rare now, were a limited edition. You can get them second hand sometimes, but they usually come with a beer belly, an ex wife, a couple of kids and a cold sore on their lip ....

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Has anyone ever made one of these. I bought one last year that fixed to the barn wall but it soon fell apart. I think it must have been the weight of hay needed to feed one greedy horse.

If you have a Barrel like this with open one end http://45gallondrums.com/product/re...X6Wb6J5uBmtShMsXhlxxFoQ4K1mQCZaRoCPC8QAvD_BwE

Then buy some of these and hook them on the open end it is a perfect diy job hay filler https://www.homebase.co.uk/suspension-hook-blue-and-green-200mm_p221005

JillA

Visit site
If you have a Barrel like this with open one end http://45gallondrums.com/product/re...X6Wb6J5uBmtShMsXhlxxFoQ4K1mQCZaRoCPC8QAvD_BwE

Then buy some of these and hook them on the open end it is a perfect diy job hay filler https://www.homebase.co.uk/suspension-hook-blue-and-green-200mm_p221005

That sounds like one of those "takes longer to set up and use and disentangle when it's full" jobs. The wheelbarrow is ideal - fill the barrow with the hay, thread the neck of the net over the handles with the opening facing the hay and scoop it in. It was no coincidence I bought the barrow instead of the husband - much more use and much less moaning.