Hays/hayeeds down wellies -how to prevent

Rose Folly

Visit site
In the happy days of small bales of haywith flaps it was never a problem. But my future is with big round bales of haylage, and I sometimes think there's more in my wellies (to which I'm deeply devoted) than in the nets. And the filthy mess when I pull my wellies off in the porch....

Has anyone got any good ideas? Wearing jeans outside wellies works, but then if I go out into the mud of the field I'd have hop around tucking them in.

It can't be rocket science - just that I'm being thick! So any solutions welcomed - except getting rid of my wellies!

sandi_84

Visit site
Waterproofs are my favourite bit of gear, they go over my johds and boots and keep the rain off/ get muddy so underneath i'm clean and it stops me getting hay/seeds in my boots. Doesn't stop the rotten stuff going down my top or in my hair tho ;)

Dirty_D

Visit site
If you wear baggy tracksuit bottoms and pull them up at the knee a bit they cant get in (they kind of mushroom over the welly), this is my only way of stopping them but like you say there must be a better idea!

Aoibhin

www.Emmaevans.barefootbooks.com
ive cut the feet of my OH's old socks (when the toe or heel goes though) & pull them up over the welly leg & up onto my legs then gaffa taped the lower bit to the welly.
fold up onto leg when you put them on & just fold back down when done to remove boots.

Easy & cheap too :0)