HBX511 vs Cheval Country - advice pls

Friesianrider

New User
Visit site
im looking for trailer suitable for 2x horses 16'2-17'1 and have shortisted these 2x trailers (HBX511 & Cheval Country)- any one has honest reviews/feedback?
Thank you!

Katieg123

Visit site
I have the 511 and it is a good box but I dont have any experience with the cheval country. The 511 had some alterations made after after a few years of productions to fix faults in it and make it safer so try find the mark 2 types! they have a metal front instead of the plastic and a better rollbar installed as well as some other bits. The 511 happily fits my 17.3 sport horse (who is chunky!) so lots of room in it :)

Steerpike

Visit site
On the other hand I love my Cheval and find it way better than the Ifors, very quiet and doesn't rattle and mine has a good build quality, but I think the Cheval Touring only takes up to a 16.2, I wouldn't want to put a 17h+ horse in there.

Madd1

Visit site
I looked at the Chevals at Badminton (I've got a 511but wouldn't mind a change) not sure which model I was looking at but similar layout to the 511. It didnt feel overly big but apparently is for up to 2 x 16.2s . My horse is a good 17hh and chunky !!!!!. Anyhoo the rep said there will be a new model for up to 2 x 17.2 coming out later in the year (poss Sept) so maybe worth keeping an eye out if you don't get one before. I like my Ifor but it's very rattly and I don't think it's worn very well for it's age (5 years ish) and I've had to replace a few parts already x

Friesianrider

New User
Visit site
I looked at the Chevals at Badminton (I've got a 511but wouldn't mind a change) not sure which model I was looking at but similar layout to the 511. It didnt feel overly big but apparently is for up to 2 x 16.2s . My horse is a good 17hh and chunky !!!!!. Anyhoo the rep said there will be a new model for up to 2 x 17.2 coming out later in the year (poss Sept) so maybe worth keeping an eye out if you don't get one before. I like my Ifor but it's very rattly and I don't think it's worn very well for it's age (5 years ish) and I've had to replace a few parts already x
Thank you fot he heads up. i borrowed orginal 511 trailer which was good, but was looking to have hbx511 as design seems better & newer.. such a difficult decision and price difference too

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Cheval will be too small for big horses, I adore ours but never had a big horse in it. Definitely recommend them though as a brand, our super fussy horse refused to load in several types of trailers and horseboxes but has been a dream loading in our cheval! The suspension sets them apart from anything else,
so much smoother and less rattly than ifors...better ride for the horses and a dream to tow! The automatic jockey wheel thing is brilliant!

You could get a cheval maxi though for a couple of big horses, they also have the tack room feature x