He’s Here

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Welcome Jack. That's a picture that just oozes character and handsomeness. I must have missed the back story, but he's one lucky chap coming to you. Is Daisy thrilled?

Bellasophia

Visit site
He’s here.!...jack sparrow he is not...but I bet he will become jack sparrow hawk in no time....what,with the beach runs,starfish to hunt he may never be sleek but definitely slick. I already love him and will follow him like a groupie.Go Jaaak.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Welcome Jack. That's a picture that just oozes character and handsomeness. I must have missed the back story, but he's one lucky chap coming to you. Is Daisy thrilled?

We’ve walked him for the past four years for his elderly owners. They’re going in to sheltered accommodation and couldn’t take Jack with them. Daisy and he are the best of friends, and we always said we’d have him if needed.

He’s rather overweight, but has been on a diet for five weeks, and has lost around a kg. Hopefully by the end of the summer he’ll be a sleeker Boy.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
We’ve walked him for the past four years for his elderly owners. They’re going in to sheltered accommodation and couldn’t take Jack with them. Daisy and he are the best of friends, and we always said we’d have him if needed.

He’s rather overweight, but has been on a diet for five weeks, and has lost around a kg. Hopefully by the end of the summer he’ll be a sleeker Boy.

Doh, memory fail. I do remember. Really happy that he's found a lovely home. It must be such a relief for his previous owners.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I must admit that despite giving them strict instructions on how we were going to act this morning when I collected him (ie, just another day, another walk etc), I failed miserably and broke down. I’m so sad for them - he was their world. But he really is loved by us all here and will have a fabulous life.

Bellasophia

Visit site
Amy..can you send them a monthly update with a picture...my bet is they will be really reassured / thrilled with that and so look forward to their jack updates..
...you’ve not only given jack a new life and you’ve but done the same for his two “ parents”.They will show their updates to their new friends in the housing and be a focus of happy interest.Trust me no detail will be too small.I took on my elderly dad for. 8 yrs after my mom died...it’s the little things....
Good on you !!

Odyssey

Visit site
It's so sad for Jack and his owners that they've had to give him up, but it must be a great comfort for them to know that he's got a great home for life, with someone he knows well. It's the best possible outcome for all, and you've got a lovely little dog. What breed is he?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Can you not take him to see them also?

Oh yes, we’ll all get together here towards the end of the summer. But not before that. It’s a massive change for him, and I don’t want him upset or confused by them visiting before that. But they’re getting daily updates, and my partner helped them move today so could reassure them that he’s doing ok.