He can just **** well stay there then!!

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Just looked out of the window and the rescue pony is back on the common again! I've caught him 3 times today and twice yesterday and I cannot work out how he is getting out. I've tested the electric fencing and its all working, added a second strand lower down, brand new battery on the high setting, there is no sign of any damage to the fence anywhere. My cob, who is usually the bulldozer and escape artist, hasn't got out. Maybe he is jumping the fence, he is on Global Herbs Restore at the moment and feeling rather well.

The common is fenced all around (though some of it is barbed wire) and my neighbour does put his pony and donkeys out there sometimes so hopefully he'll be okay for the night, though I dread to think how much weight he has managed to put on in the last couple of days. Have to move them to a new field in the morning :( The other fields are all full of grass so may need to muzzle.

Anyone else having trouble keeping their horses where they are meant to be at the moment?

flirtygerty

Visit site
Me, just this week I had to get my OH with the car and go get my four, who decided to go canter about, I was poo picking when they headed off through a gate not tied up, normally very biddable, they ignored my whoa's, stands and STOP YOU BARSTEWARDS, to head off on a hacking route, stopping just short of a road, I led three back on lead ropes, the old TB following behind, with OH bringing up the rear in the car, it was slow down Bruce, walk on Harley and catch up Pippin, for two miles to home, guess whose in the doghouse.
Bruce is retaliating by eating the floor of the muck trailer and Pippin is my best friend, hoping I'll take her out, boy is she in for a shock

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Just looked out of the window and the rescue pony is back on the common again! I've caught him 3 times today and twice yesterday and I cannot work out how he is getting out. I've tested the electric fencing and its all working, added a second strand lower down, brand new battery on the high setting, there is no sign of any damage to the fence anywhere. My cob, who is usually the bulldozer and escape artist, hasn't got out. Maybe he is jumping the fence, he is on Global Herbs Restore at the moment and feeling rather well.

The common is fenced all around (though some of it is barbed wire) and my neighbour does put his pony and donkeys out there sometimes so hopefully he'll be okay for the night, though I dread to think how much weight he has managed to put on in the last couple of days. Have to move them to a new field in the morning :( The other fields are all full of grass so may need to muzzle.

Anyone else having trouble keeping their horses where they are meant to be at the moment?

I would use the 5 ft electric post with 5* strands of rope electric

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Thanks everyone, caught him up very easily this morning (I think he was keen to get into the shelter under the trees).

I have now moved the fence further in so it is shorter and straighter and put up three strands with another strand inside, great fun setting it up in pouring rain and driving wind but so far so good.

Be happy - sounds like you've got a very promising jumping pony!

Yes, it is looking that way! He's certainly more careful than my cob and often jumps things (brambles etc) when charging around the field when the cob just ploughs straight through.