He has arrived!!!!

{97702}

Visit site
As promised, lots of gratuitous Marty greyhound spam :D

4 hours and 200 miles of driving today...... Amy and Flick stayed at home and had a relaxing day sleeping on my bed, Millie came with me to keep Marty company on the way home, and now they are four again :) He has been SO good, I could not be more pleased. Not a word between him and Millie all the way home, he slept all the way! (Millie didn't.....!!!) I always adopt my usual routine immediately with newbies, so got home and let them all meet in the back garden then put them all in the car and we went for a walk. Marty was as good as gold..... not a murmur between him and any of the grils, he walked beautifully on the lead in the woods (despite Millie zooming round like Tigger on speed as usual!), he came home and ate his tea and now he has flaked out asleep in the hallway! He is such a sweetie, I am absollutely delighted with him :):):)

44315828_10157492500744587_7130939209480667136_n.jpg
Photo 1.jpgPhoto 2.jpgPhoto 3.jpgPhoto 4.jpg

{97702}

Visit site
So Marty not Mattie! He looks at home immediately, good news.

LOL I still haven't decided :D :D :D He does respond to Marty..... I just don't like it very much! When the rescue charity were filling in his paperwork they asked me what I was going to call him and I said 'I don't know' :D

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
great news that he seems to be settling in with the group ok. could you have a name which sounds like marty.
barley
charlie
marley
or you could use farty!!!!! he may live up to that name

{97702}

Visit site
He is being squeaky Marty this evening 😂 obviously I can’t blame him for being unsettled, such an upheaval and a change for him! 😊

Chiffy

Visit site
He is SO beautiful Levrier, hope by now you have had a peaceful night.
I haven’t commented about the name before as it’s such a personal choice, but if you can’t decide, then leave it as Marty. You will get used to it and it’s a perfectly nice name.
We adopted a dog called Sadie and we thought we didn’t like the name at all but were hopeless at deciding what to change it to.
She stayed Sadie and we grew to love the name because we loved the dog ❤️

MuddyTB

Visit site
Yay...he is gorgeous. And what a lovely coat. Glad he's settling in so well and keep posting the pics :)
(also glad you mentioned having to resize pics, I ihought it was just me struggling!)

skinnydipper

Visit site
A very handsome lad who looks totally relaxed in his new surroundings. Good choice, Lev.

The photo in the back of the car brought a lump to my throat. Your girl on the left looks so much like my late Chloe even down to her expression, she was also a tuxedo. Give her a hug from me please.