He has gone

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Today my goregous boy Geezer closed his eyes for the last time.

Having battled a degenerative condition for the last 18 months, it was time to call it a day while he still has a sparkle in his eye and a spring in his step.

It has been the hardest decision I've ever had to make... today I said goodbye to my best friend and it's destroyed me. I am beyond heartbroken and the only comfort I take is that he's no longer in pain or suffering. He left me today with a belly full of apples, a mouth full of grass and a heart full of love.

There won't be a day go by were I won't miss him.

I love you G-man. I wish you could have lived forever x💜x

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
So sorry. I know exactly how you feel having battled and lost a chronic disease for three years with my darling mare. you did everything you could possibly do, and he was loved to the end xx

Emilieu

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss. Well done on being brave and putting his feelings before your own. It is the hardest and the best thing we do for our wonderful friends

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Thank you all. My friend stayed with him until the end and she said he went down quickly and didn't fight it. She said he was still eating his grass and didn't have a care in the world. Just went to sleep, all full and content.

Mike007

Visit site
Be proud that you gave Geezer the last act of kindness (and the hardest)when he needed you to be tough. It truely hurts so much ,but chin up , you did right by your best friend.

Amye

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. R.I.P Geezer, hope your happy memories bring you some comfort at this sad time xx