He keeps injuring his fetlocks.....help!

Pookies

My boy keeps catching his fetlocks in the field. It's only become a problem now he's older. I think he must be catching the insides of his fetlocks with his other feet (the fore feet are worse as he has shoes on but the hinds are barefoot so the knocks are not quite so bad). He leaves himself with little wounds and they do bleed and he gets a scab. I'm wondering if it's best to put some kind of boot on him to protect them - any ideas as to which ones for long term field use? Or perhaps any other ideas?
TIA 😊

Undecided

If this is an ongoing issue then I'd consider boots, or what about those rubber rings? Then you don't have the added worry of overheating, replacing worn boots at a higher cost, mud fever etc.

Exploding Chestnuts

What age and what amount of work and what is the conformation?
I would try building up strength with 30 - 40 mins walkng every day [roadwork]
I would rather take the shoes off than risk damage, but then, that is my answer to many problems :)

benz

The 'rubber rings' (I think they are called 'sausage boots' ?) are designed for this problem. I was considering buying them for my old arthritic IDx years ago but we put her on turmeric and she went back to her old self!

Sukistokes2

I would get sausage rings to use in the field, I would also speak to my farrier and he would look at how he was shoeing to see if there was a way to stop the injuries from happening.

Annagain

Definitely a sausage boot candidate. One of the horses at our yard wears one front and back. He's not old, just a clumsy oaf. He ended up on 4 weeks box rest with a huge haematoma having knocked himself in the field.