He went through the water! WOOO HOOOO

MagicMelon

Visit site
My baby did his first ODE today. Only ickle stuff of course. Was LEADING after dressage (amazing for us - our aim was to stay in the arena and for him not to gallop off or buck!), clear SJ (it was tiny for him TBH, he jumps bigger usually) and XC wise he tried so hard. Rather squint coming into the first few but popped them all clear until the water. The first water was horrid - not inviting for a baby (narrow and over a log thing) so ok, he didnt go in it there..... so missed it out and went to the second part of the water which was a nice walk in walk out and he walked straight in! SUCH a clever boy!

Sorry, was SO pleased he went into the water at all because we've only done the water at one place in practice and got eliminated at another place. So another XC is being entered for next weekend.....! He was so cute - so terribly green but tried so hard and he managed to canter the whole way round (again, a feat for him as he still gets tired really quickly!).

Must admit, it is very weird going from eventing my other boy over novice BE to tiny weeny 2'3 with my baby! It was possibly the most relaxing XC Ive ever done, just tootling round!

smile.gif

Fiona

Visit site
My baby horse did her first ODE in April after going XC schooling just twice. She was great apart from the water, but a v v nice fence judge let me continue until she went in.
Best of luck with your young horse in the future.
Hope you have a lot of success.

Fiona

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Pretty much all my HT and ODEs I did until intro this year I had to miss the water or walk in and get eliminated for missing fences. But I would rather they went forwards and built confidence than having a big arguement and sealing it in their minds. My horse now happily pops into water down steps and over logs. It will all click and very cool when it does!