Head Bobbing

Irishcobs

Visit site
Hattie head bobs. She has every since I got her a year and a bit ago. Her teeth, back and saddle have all been done and re-done as and when needed and it makes no difference to her. She head bobs all year round so I don't think its a pollen thing. And she does it want ever we are doing, whether hacking, schooling etc. and she does it what ever bit she is in.
I was given a nose net today to see if it makes any diffence but I thought they were for pollen?
Shall see on Sat if it does anything.
Any one any ideas why she does it?

catembi

Visit site
My horse used to be v busy with his head until I changed to a comfort bridle, which stopped him altogether within about 6 weeks.

claireross

ccjack.co.uk
I can't imagine its a pollen thing, as my boy started head shaking in the spring, but only when in the fields and as soon as he was on the roads he stopped. You could try using a nose net though to see if it makes any difference. Also maybe try a horse massage, i've just had my daughters pony done. They suggested that general head bobbing/shaking when ridden could be a sign of discomfort.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
It would be worth checking her browband is big enough, my friends cob bobs her head if any tack is touching the base of her ears. May also be worth trying a padded headpiece or putting a fluff sleeve on the one you already have.