Head Desk/Advice

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
I don't get on to post much at the mo as so busy but do read posts on my phone. Anyhoo am posting on behalf of a friend( strange I know but I do have some!!:p)

My friend was made redundant a few months ago and hasn't found another job as yet so has to sign on . When she went to signing on place:)confused:what a **** I don't know where you go) a few weeks ago and got talking to the person she has to see she mentioned not having money to have a bottle of wine every so often( she gets under£250 a month for bills ,food etc ). She told signing on person that she fed her pets first , paid bills and then fed herself if anything was left. The signing on person said "Well why don't you breed from your pets and sell them to make some money". My friend is usually not lost for words but is slightly embarassed(sp!) to admit all she could come out with was"But(repeated for a couple of minutes) they're neutered". Apart from the fact you're not supposed to earn money while on benefits what stupid advice . She wants to make a complaint but who to and any chance it could be anon as she is worried they might be vindictive . Anyone a clue?

Vizslak

Visit site
Thats ridiculous. Was it at the jobcentre she got given this advice? I have to say I'm amazed because they normally tell you to get rid of your animals :rolleyes: also duff advice but not quite in this league! If you look online certainly the jobcentre or jobcentre plus or whatever it is has a complaints procedure and leaflets on how to complain that are downloadable. I would start there as I'm guessing its a jobcentre plus she signs on at.

BigRed

Visit site
I think your friend is over reacting to a foolish comment made by someone at the benefits office. She should calm down and just direct her energy towards finding another job.

Vizslak

Visit site
I think your friend is over reacting to a foolish comment made by someone at the benefits office. She should calm down and just direct her energy towards finding another job.

I don't agree, there are some numpties out there that would take that advice as a geniunely good suggestion and act on it. People can't go dishing out that sort of advice, it's ridiculous.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Honestly? I would have told the woman to do one. I am not exactly rolling in it and close friends who don't know any better have told me to breed my female to make a bit of cash and I have told them to feck off and given them a lecture. And with a U, not with an E.

Tracey there are a tonne of people already doing this, so I would be incredibly disturbed if that was actual advice given out at benefits offices.
This (people thinking that dog breeding is a quick way to make money) is one of the reasons that there are so many dogs on the streets or dogs with health problems being found wandering - if anything goes wrong with a dog in a very low income household where the dog is seen as nothing but nothing as a cash cow, with no capital behind them at all, there is no option but to get rid.
Also, if they are not declaring money made through puppies, it is benefit fraud!!!

CAYLA

Visit site
I thinks it s adisgraceful thing to say and it needs reporting, via a letter, it only takes a few morons to be told that same thing and they will be doing it, thats all we need more scuds breeding.