Headcollar for 8 month old

miller

Visit site
Recommendations please - she is not getting too big for her foal size one - round nose and over head on longest holes. Jaw about half way.

Have tried pony sized one on and fine length wise, nose a bit too big on tightest hole and far too loopy under her jaw

Friend said to buy a yearling one but do I need a small yearling or large if the pony is too big?? She is approx 13hh now

would like one adjustable all round so any ideas gratefully received before I buy the wrong one! Nobody locally has anything other than foal/shetland/pony/cob/full etc so can't take one to try (shetland far too small!)

Enfys

Visit site
Presumably you are buying a new halter in a shop rather than online?

Personally, I'd measure the one she is wearing now, and take a measure to the shop with you.

Could you not just put some extra holes in the new halter if it is only a question of one part being too loose? (I use a soldering iron on webbing halters, makes a nice round hole that doesn't fray and with no sharp edges)

miller

Visit site
Was going to buy online as no one local has anything any different to what I've got! - the ebay one is the same as she is in now.

Would try the solderding iron but there is no space to make more holes in the foal one and the pony doesn't have adjustment under the chin
crazy.gif

Anyone know what the shires leather ones are like size wise? They come in small yearling and large and appear adjustable under the jaw too

She should make 16.2 so presumably I want a large yearling

ottodyl1

Visit site
I bought a shires blenheim yearling headcollar for my 8 mth colt. There was only 1 size. It's not adjustable under jaw (tho looked like there was on webiste pic) but plenty of room for adjustment on nose & headpiece & fits him fine on higher holes - should last a while. He's WB/TB so probably similar size head to yours. Got mine from www.tds-saddlers.com