Headphones + warming up?

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Just wondering if wearing headphones is allowed when warming up at competitions?

I've seen it eventing when people have had an earpiece in meaning they can listen to their instructor, but never seen anyone listening to an ipod or similar!

It's something I tried today, as I quite often school to music when I'm on my own, and found that I wasn't half as tense as I normally am when warming up for dressage. Wibs then went and got the two best scores he's ever got :D (despite the indoor arena and initial eyes-on-stalks-walking-like-a-crab reaction :D). However, I don't want to get into trouble for it if it's against the rules! :eek:

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Today there were only four in the warm up when I was warming up, else I probably wouldn't have tried it :) I try to be very conscious of where others are when warming up, especially when cantering, as I know that Wibs cannot be relied upon to avoid things in a crisis!

Sol

Visit site
I'm not sure as far as rules, but I used to school with just one headphone in, and use the ones with the holes in that supposedly help prevent them from blocking out ALL noise. Never caused a problem, I'm used to looking all over the place as I ride though!

coreteam1

Visit site
Just wondering if wearing headphones is allowed when warming up at competitions?

I've seen it eventing when people have had an earpiece in meaning they can listen to their instructor, but never seen anyone listening to an ipod or similar!

It's something I tried today, as I quite often school to music when I'm on my own, and found that I wasn't half as tense as I normally am when warming up for dressage. Wibs then went and got the two best scores he's ever got :D (despite the indoor arena and initial eyes-on-stalks-walking-like-a-crab reaction :D). However, I don't want to get into trouble for it if it's against the rules! :eek:

I've seen a trainer use them at Vale View in Leicester and a few people at other competitions. This was BD :)