Headpiece for large ears and narrow poll

charlotte0916

Visit site
Hi all,

Hoping someone has encountered this configuration before and found the solution:
I’m after a headpiece for ears which are large at the base but the horse also has a narrow poll.

So far I’ve tried a micklem, shires velociti and horsemanship saddlery avante with no success. They are very different shapes but all press against the base of her ear and understandably bother her.

I was wondering if anyone has had success with the HS Apollo, Venus or Saturn with this anatomy or can recommend another option?

My only idea currently is to buy the three above and try/return but that will cost three figures to try which seems silly for a headpiece!

Attachments

• 29B041A0-6ED5-4C2F-B16B-A2F027A44133.jpeg
    29B041A0-6ED5-4C2F-B16B-A2F027A44133.jpeg
    683.5 KB · Views: 18
  • F811C2FF-0059-46AE-AAE9-D057FCCB296F.jpeg
    F811C2FF-0059-46AE-AAE9-D057FCCB296F.jpeg
    855.8 KB · Views: 18

Orangina

Visit site
You could get a bridle fit consultant out who stock various headpieces. Everything is sitting too far forward on her face -the nose band and cheek pieces need to sit further back as the browband is gaping. The Saturn would look to be a better shape as the bit is almost pulling the headpiece forwards and up against her ears in the photo.
I would still recommend a bridle fit consultant though.

charlotte0916

Visit site
You could get a bridle fit consultant out who stock various headpieces. Everything is sitting too far forward on her face -the nose band and cheek pieces need to sit further back as the browband is gaping. The Saturn would look to be a better shape as the bit is almost pulling the headpiece forwards and up against her ears in the photo.
I would still recommend a bridle fit consultant though.

The cheek pieces and browband are correct but the rest of it is a work in progress. The noseband I ordered had to be exchanged and I’ve just received that so that will be improved shortly.

I have been in touch with HS before buying/before exchanging etc but that advised the avante from the pictures which isn’t a goer for her shape and have since advised the Apollo but I think it’ll still be too wide for her.

Unfortunately the only bridle fitter we have in the area was badly affected by the storms so I think is still not doing new appointments for some time - hence looking for a better solution in the meantime.

Orangina

Visit site
Sorry I didn’t mean the cheek pieces themselves are wrong I meant they sit wrong with that headpiece and sit too far forward on that particular headpiece - sorry if that was confusing!

charlotte0916

Visit site
Sorry I didn’t mean the cheek pieces themselves are wrong I meant they sit wrong with that headpiece and sit too far forward on that particular headpiece - sorry if that was confusing!

I thought that’s what you meant but thank you for clarifying - this bridle fitting business is a bit of a learning curve, I don’t remember having such trouble previously!

Spottyappy

Visit site
I’m another who would get a bridle fit consultant out. I have just used one, and she was amazing with her knowledge, and especially of the bit too. My bridle was actually ok for my mare, but the bit wasn’t.