Headpiece for poll pressure

Adoni123

Visit site
Hi all,

Looking for some recommendations - I am wanting a headpiece or an add on to my current bridle to reduce the poll pressure. This would need to be quite padded as I have been recommended something fluffy from the professional but I'm interested in other reviews too as I can't find much fluffy.

Boy has a lot of tension in his poll so whatever relieves the tension the most - don't care what it looks like at all!

Cowpony

Visit site
I've used a sheepskin noseband on the headpiece in the past. Make sure you adjust the bit though, because adding bulk can increase the pressure on the poll. If you want a longer term solution (but expensive!) Dy'on do a headpiece that goes way back behind the poll. Always wanted to try it on my mare, but it's too expensive just to take a flier on.

Regandal

Visit site
As above, be careful you’re not just increasing the pressure. Have you tried bridles that are cut back at the poll? Horsemanship saddlery do one, others are available.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Fairfax bridle is the best I have used but if you really need a big reduction in poll pressure you need a Dyon difference bridle .

Cloball

Visit site
The most extreme (and expensive) I have seen are Dyon difference and the stübben freedom. PS of Sweden do one as well I think which is just a head piece.