Heads Up - you NEED Discovery+ to watch the Olympic Eventing

teapot

Visit site
I've paid my £29.99 - but for that, i'm watching every minute of probably around 48+ hrs of dedicated coverage - less than £1/hour. And it is all available to replay really quickly afterwards. Sure, I'd prefer to get it for free on the BBC, but that isn't an option.

Why so much? Only £4.99 for the month!

millitiger

Visit site
Yep, I’ve paid £4.99 for the month and will cancel once the SJ is finished.
It’s a bargain for the amount of coverage.
Also I may be a minority, however I don’t blame the BBC for not showing the equestrian- their allocation of hours they are allowed to show of the entire Games is tiny and they can’t waste hours of airtime on such a fringe sport (as much as we love it!)

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Also I may be a minority, however I don’t blame the BBC for not showing the equestrian- their allocation of hours they are allowed to show of the entire Games is tiny and they can’t waste hours of airtime on such a fringe sport (as much as we love it!)

exactly, i dont blame them for not showing it, what i do blame them for not being honest and advertising that they were showing it from 9,25 till the end, which they didnt!! which has mislead lots of people. as i dont trust the BBC to do anything right these days i took out discovery in plenty of time so i have seen everything i wanted to..

ihatework

Visit site
Does discovery+ have commentary?
I watched some of the dressage on Eurosport and there was no commentary

conniegirl

Visit site
Yet they can show hours of coverage of non uk teams playing softball or archery or weight lifting

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Discovery/Eurosport are the same thing - Eurosport 2 chops and changes with adverts (and you only get access if you pay the £7.99); the uninterrupted channels for the individual sports are the better bets.

We have Sky already and Eurosport is in the package.
Discovery Plus is free for a year from registering
In our case that is today.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Eurosport 2 currently listing as showing 3 hours tomorrow 'live' of dressage from 10.30

I'll check that out tomorrow. I get Eurosport as part of my virgin package, they've added extra channels so there are 9 showing Olympic events but haven't seen any equestrian so far. Nothing on their catch up either.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Interestingly I've just scrolled through the eurosport channels and they seem to have scheduled hour after hour of live eventing dressage but only one hour of highlights of cross country.

Lexi_

Visit site

Totally agree with you. I think they’ve been pretty fair in the way they’ve managed to get a balance of coverage across the main sports. The only things I’ve seen given solid air time on BBC are the triathlons and the hockey matches, and they’ve largely been on at times when they haven’t clashed with anything significant. They’re never gonna please everyone when they can only show two sports at once!

I think the media generally could have been a bit more helpful in advance about the situation with tv coverage this Olympics though. I saw no advertising from Discovery Plus beforehand and everyone seems to be going through the cycle of grumbling about how rubbish the amount of BBC coverage is before someone explains to them how it’s working this year.

Wishfilly

Visit site
exactly, i dont blame them for not showing it, what i do blame them for not being honest and advertising that they were showing it from 9,25 till the end, which they didnt!! which has mislead lots of people. as i dont trust the BBC to do anything right these days i took out discovery in plenty of time so i have seen everything i wanted to..

Yes, I agree with this- if they had explained clearly what they were covering, then it would be ok, but to say right up until the event was about to start that they would cover it, and then switch is not on, really.

Does discovery+ have commentary?
I watched some of the dressage on Eurosport and there was no commentary

After the first day, there have been comentators.

Reactions: Kat

Wishfilly

Visit site
Interestingly I've just scrolled through the eurosport channels and they seem to have scheduled hour after hour of live eventing dressage but only one hour of highlights of cross country.

I can see the cross country scheduled on discovery +, but it's called cross country, not eventing for some reason?

Kat

Visit site
The same two commentators will be doing all of the English language commentary of all three equestrian sports. It is Lucinda Green and John Kyle for everything

PSD

Visit site
Just a side note, it’s for people with sky Q that get the 12 months free. Not normal sky like me ?