Heather Moffett Saddle Delivery time

Samadhan

New User
Visit site
Hi there
I'd like to know others' experience of buying Heather Moffett Saddle.
how long does it usually take to get the saddle ofter ordering?
one month? two months?
I don't mind to wait, but I do mind that there is no notice for the status and estimated date.
I thought it is a reputed brand, am I wrong ?

EllenJay

Visit site
Hopefully you gave communicated directly with Heather moffett before coming on here with the sole purpose of slagging her off. It really doesn't go down well when your first post on a forum is to slag off other people's business.

Ladyinred

Visit site
Hopefully you gave communicated directly with Heather moffett before coming on here with the sole purpose of slagging her off. It really doesn't go down well when your first post on a forum is to slag off other people's business.

Especially when the person being slagged is unable to reply or present her views.

Orchardbeck

Visit site
Well I have to say I received mine two days after ordering... Likewise with anything else I have ordered from the EE shop.

Nudibranch

Visit site
I dont think the OP is "slagging off" HM...although the red face icon probably isn't necessary. However - and this is my own experience, nobody else's and I am not doing anything other than reporting a fact before anyone button pushes - I had to give up on buying a new Flexee. Thats all I am saying.

MoonMoon

New User
Visit site
Email Debbie who runs the EE shop. She can help you track your order.

Heather, who is a friend of mine, is currently having an absolutely terrible time of things at home and might not be involved in despatch or stock at all right now.

I realise this is a first post, but I have been a member for a few years and couldn't retrieve my previous login through my own stupidity.

JillA

Visit site
I think Heather only has one company making them for her so if demand is high, they struggle. I presume you have asked the person taking your order OP?

BlackRider

Visit site
If you speak to Debbie she will advise.

I ordered one that was in stock, and once payment was taken it was here in 2 days.

webble

Visit site

Agreed! Speak to Debbie either via email or phone and she will advise you of current lead times. You may struggle getting a response from Heather herself as she has recently had a family bereavement

Samadhan

New User
Visit site
I think Heather only has one company making them for her so if demand is high, they struggle. I presume you have asked the person taking your order OP?

Yes, of course I have asked the person taking the order.
If I got clear response, I wouldn't need to ask others experience.
I just want to know if the situation is normal.
Slagging off anyone is the least intention of mine.
I do like HM saddle design, and I'm eager to have one.
and I think I have the right to know when it is to be delivered after the payment is done.
Repeated, I don't mind to wait as long as I was informed about the status or situation (even it is personal situation).

minkymoo

Visit site
Email Debbie who runs the EE shop. She can help you track your order.

Heather, who is a friend of mine, is currently having an absolutely terrible time of things at home and might not be involved in despatch or stock at all right now.

I realise this is a first post, but I have been a member for a few years and couldn't retrieve my previous login through my own stupidity.

Yes, she is, admittedly I only follow her on Facebook, but she really is having a terrible time of it. I know how committed she is to EE and her work, but please, just for once let's give someone a break?

Samadhan

New User
Visit site
I didn't follow her Facebook. I'm not in UK actually.
so I had no way to know there is a situation.
I think most horse lovers have good heart, including me I guess.
It might be more ideal if the handler can send a message like
"Because of xxxxx, the handling time will be longer than normal. the best estimation would be xx/xx/xx. please be informed"
I will be OK with that, really.
and I can borrow appropriate saddle in advance for upcoming competitions.
and I will help keep other friends of mine ,who also bought the saddle,patient.

Anyway, from the responses here it might be concluded:
1.Normally, the delivery is fast.
2.due to some situations, recent order might be bit slow.

OK. I'll keep waiting.
Subject closed.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I don't think the OP is being at all unreasonable coming on here to ask a straight question. Especially as she has been unable to get a straight answer from the supplier. It is only natural to start to worry if you have parted with a significant amount of money and heard nothing. She had no way of knowing about HM's current problems.

Good luck, OP. I hope you get your saddle soon. If not, there are other very good options out there.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
My friend went to order a VSD Vouge, delivery time was Eight Weeks.
If that is too long to wait there are several Facebook pages selling second hand versions at reasonable prices, look for them at the bottom of the HM website pages.
Great saddles worth the wait.

horseaddict

Visit site
I don't think the OP is being at all unreasonable coming on here to ask a straight question. Especially as she has been unable to get a straight answer from the supplier. It is only natural to start to worry if you have parted with a significant amount of money and heard nothing. She had no way of knowing about HM's current problems.

Good luck, OP. I hope you get your saddle soon. If not, there are other very good options out there.

Totally agree. Regardless of personal situation the customer has paid for goods and not received either the goods or an explanation. The OP has implied that she is sympathetic to the personal circumstances, she is only seeking reassurance that all will be well.

Last edited:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Yes, if there are issues you put a note on your website to alert customers/tell them when they order.

Arzada

Visit site
Totally agree. Regardless of personal situation the customer has paid for goods and not received either the goods or an explanation. The OP has implied that she is sympathetic to the personal circumstances, she is only seeking reassurance that all will be well.
We all deal with difficult personal situations differently and there are some personal situations which do need to be regarded. Especially when they are very recent, life changing and give rise to further duty of care by way of sorting out affairs on top of the difficulty of the event itself. That aside there are people other than Heather to contact and their details are on online.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
I do not think that the current, very sad situation is the problem, I think the issue is that this is a small company that do not have a lot of stock on the shelf so to speak. I will be sharing my customer experiences with them, once the current situation is a little less raw. This is an exciting brand of saddles for which I have nothing but praise but they do need to work on the customer experience. Would the time period stop me from buying......no.

kez81

Visit site
Hi op, Heather doesn't deal with the shop side of EE herself so if you need to chase your order do please contact Debbie Johns as per email and phone number on website. She doesn't always reply straight away and occasionally emails do get directed to wrong inbox so if you have not had a reply in two days email again. I have several of Heather's saddles and when I have ordered anything in stock has arrived within three days (or I have just picked it up on one of my visits, the advantage of living ten mins away!). For an out of stock saddle I had to wait six weeks but did get an email with my order to advise.

ester

Visit site
We all deal with difficult personal situations differently and there are some personal situations which do need to be regarded. Especially when they are very recent, life changing and give rise to further duty of care by way of sorting out affairs on top of the difficulty of the event itself. That aside there are people other than Heather to contact and their details are on online.

I assumed the OP wasn't referring to contacting Heather herself anyway, just the shop email/phone.

Arzada

Visit site
I assumed the OP wasn't referring to contacting Heather herself anyway, just the shop email/phone.
I didn't think the OP was referring to contacting Heather either. I was responding to a post which said something like 'regardless of the personal situation'

Samadhan

New User
Visit site
I'm the OP.
Another three weeks passed.
Nothing at all.
the emails were not replied/responded.
Unbelievable. I never experience that for tack shopping.
Any practical advise ?

little_critter

Visit site
I'm the OP.
Another three weeks passed.
Nothing at all.
the emails were not replied/responded.
Unbelievable. I never experience that for tack shopping.
Any practical advise ?

Did you try calling? 0787 720 2950 (according to the website)
Are you e-mailing shop@hmsaddles.co.uk or info@hmsaddles.co.uk?
To be honest I'm surprised at the lack of response.
They also have a FB page Enlightened Equitation Vogue Saddles, might be worth messaging through there.

Samadhan

New User
Visit site
I tried calling them a few weeks ago to ask them a few questions about the saddles but never got a call back.

Ohoh...no good.....
I'm now even more worried.
Are they in operation still ?
shouldn't this be my very first experience buying UK saddle?.......
It is paid already.....

Naggy

www.equineequilibrium.co.uk
Hi Samadhan
I am an HM Saddle Agent - I obviously have no idea what has happened with your order and the lack of response but if you could email me at louise@equineequilibrium.co.uk with the details of your order and any questions you may have then I will find out what the situation is for you. I can only assume that there has been some problem with emails getting through or something, so hopefully we can get to the bottom of it for you once and for all. I can only apologise on behalf of HM Saddles that you have had such a poor experience but I am sure we will rectify it for you.

Naggy

www.equineequilibrium.co.uk
Merlin11 - again I can only apologise on behalf of Debbie. If you would still like any questions answered then please do feel free to email me your phone number and I will be happy to chat through anything with you :).

And please don't worry, it is still in operation, I just think it has been an unfortunate series of events that there have been some problems lately. If anyone has any concerns then please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help/investigate for you :).

ester

Visit site
I emailed an enquiry weeks ago with no response,

have purchased elsewhere, funny way to run a business.

Dizzle

Visit site
If you paid via your credit card you should be able to get a full refund if the goods haven't been received.