Heatwave time off...

Sprogladite01

Visit site
Mine is under a strict rehab plan and has had Sunday, Monday and today off. I figure it's better to possibly have to go back a step rehab wise than to kill him with heat stroke! He certainly doesn't mind, he's having a great time! :)

Fransurrey

Visit site
I haven't ridden since Friday last week and that was early. Currently approaching 40 here, right now. It was 30 before 9 am this morning. If I have a comfortable night tonight, I'll go out early tomorrow, but if I'm uncomfortable, I'm going to assume he is, too and will wait until Thursday morning.

atropa

Visit site
I've actually went in the other direction, mine have been in sporadic work for a month or so with me feeling very guilty about it, the heatwave seems to have given me a kick up the bum and enforced sense of routine so I've been up at 6 exercising them before it gets too bad. Quite proud really!

Hannahgb

Visit site
I used to love riding mine at 5.30 when I had them, it was so so peaceful
I was up and out with the dogs at 4am this morning for a jog, not a soul in sight, loved it!

chaps89

Visit site
But how do you stop dying from tiredness at mid day. Or do you go to bed at 6pm ? To me .. 4am is the middle of the night ?
This - I can (and sometimes do!) get up at 4.30 to ride or exercise before work etc, but by 2pm I’m useless and have to have a nap! I’m in awe of morning people ?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Mine has not been ridden for about 2 weeks I was away for a week and not ridden in the heat as his just started Prascend as well so wanted to make sure he had no side effects from that, I aim to start again at the end of the week so don't worry ?

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Nope, mines had today and yesterday off too. I’m not a morning person, and it’s still been too hot after work (plus working outdoors in this heat has wiped me out)

Hannahgb

Visit site
But how do you stop dying from tiredness at mid day. Or do you go to bed at 6pm ? To me .. 4am is the middle of the night ?

Haha I do go to bed about 9.30pm but actually feel better running off 6.5 hours sleep. It just becomes the norm after a while!

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
I was riding for 7am twice last week, but it wasn’t as hot. I decided to give her this week off. Much less stress on myself to get up and ride!