Heavy turnout-Fal or Bucas?

ajb

Visit site
Hi
Opinions please, need new heavy turnout for lad, hes ID X TB so rambos dont do him around the chest, Weatherbeeta fit ok but want something bit lighter to handle etc...choice is Bucas power turnout or Fal...

Halfstep

Visit site
I needed a new heavy weight and decided to try the Bucas Power, having always been a Fal user in the past. I love the Bucas - it is soooo gorgeous and luxurious, nice and warm, but even when the temperature goes up a bit the horse doesn't overheat. The fit is perfect for my horse - a warmblood with a long neck and huge shoulders, so I would imagine it would be ok on a IDx. But Fals are great too, and they do fit IDxTB types really well. I'm smitten with my Bucas though (and I use it in the stable as well as the field).

x

brightmount

Visit site
I like the Fal Bulldog on my IDxTB, it's only a middleweight though. I have a Fal Terrier on my other IDxTB which is also a good fit. I once had a Viking but it was so bulky I sold it on eBay - it would be good for a horse living out though.

My only slight worry with Fals is they only have a fillet string and not leg straps. I think if I had a horse living out in all weathers, I'd want leg straps.

samp

Visit site
I have had no experience of Fal and my horses but I have used Bucas and they even fitted my awkward shaped horse that nothing used to fit!

wench

Visit site
not had a fal, but had a slumber down t/o, bought normal size, was plenty long enough, but rubbed his shoulders within a day. (he is a fairly lw tb x id). and a bib didnt fit underneath it.

I'd buy the bucas one, i dont have any of their t/o, but have a shamrock power cooler, and its excellent fit

Hattikins

Visit site
FAL are fantastic, they fit fantastically, look warm and comfy, there is an under rug you can buy which attaches to the main rug and fit securely so a medium weight can become a heavy weight
smile.gif
have no critism of the FALs apart from the front clip/straps, that twist and break quite easily but we have ours replaced with the horseware type ring and clips system and now its even better
wink.gif