Heavyweight combo rugs for horses with big shoulders

ellerslie83

Visit site
My shire x needs a new heavyweight - any suggestions - it needs to be a combo and heavyweight because of the lovely Cumbrian weather - and although he only needs a 6ft9 but also accommodate his rather large shoulders - so am thinking he would be better off with side gussets in the shoulder area?

Also - am guessing 1200d should last and survive his bum rubbing and rolling fairly well?!

I have been told a Weatherbeeta would be a good make to get?

Obviously I'd love to not spend a fortune, but want him to have something decent that will last him.

Shavings

Visit site
Try h-zone
I brought there orange and black full neck heavy weight combo at HOYS was a really good price and I ended up going down a size because it was so big in shoulders!! Lots of room for movement and play :)
Good long thick rug I love mine!!

Kallibear

Visit site
Axiom off ebay. Fabby rugs. They do a 1800D rug that's pretty indestructible and they're usually less than £50. They're also deep and very generous around the shoulders, with shoulder pleats. Sizing is average to generous.

Bramblebear

Visit site
I always struggle to find turnout rugs that give my warmblood mare enough room at the shoulders and the best makes we have found have been Mark Todd and Shires. She is currently in a lovely Mark Todd heavyweight combo (1200d) which I would thoroughly recommend, really tough, stays in place and fits really well.

EquestrianE01

Visit site
I find for my serial rug killer Suffolk Punch X, Shires (the brand, not the horse. Just in case of any confusion) are the best. He's had his current one 2 years now (that's a new record, he normalky destroys them within 3-6 months) and I find that they are just the right size. They are only 600d but have lasted him very well abd keep him nice and cosy too. They're also quite cheap his medium weight standard neck only cost us £40!

PFM22

Visit site
My full ID (6'9, chunky boy with massive shoulders) wears the Weatherbeeta Original Combo in both medium and heavyweight - fits beautifully all-round. Not stupid money but top quality as you'd expect from Weatherbeeta!

jnb

Visit site
My full ID (6'9, chunky boy with massive shoulders) wears the Weatherbeeta Original Combo in both medium and heavyweight - fits beautifully all-round. Not stupid money but top quality as you'd expect from Weatherbeeta!
Ditto except mine's a show cob!
Try chandelle's saddlery .....they have the WB 1680D combo @ £81.60 plus free delivery as there is 20% off everything til end of January!

Visit site
Have you looked on the website called 'The big horse company'? Might be worth it as they are made specially for the bigger and heavier breeds. :) My boy has big shoulders and I find Mark Todd and Horseware rugs fit him really well. :)