Heights!!

sophie550

Visit site
I have a 2 year old sec D and shes currently standing at 13hh. Was just wanting to know if anyone can suggest what height she might make? Alot of the stallions in her pedigree at either 14.2hh or 15.2hh.

Would love to know about your youngsters heights too!!!

I.Camilla

Visit site
My Welsh D is 2 years old and she is nearly as big as my 14.1hh Connemara. I think she is approx 13.3/14hh.

I've not really tried to predict what height she will make. She was a big filly compared to her sister though and I think she will take after her grandsire.

sophie550

Visit site
She is pretty stocky for a 2 year old and very bum high, I have no information on her dam or sire.

Atleast you'll have a nice big D when shes 3! :)

Four Seasons

Visit site
There's a trick for trying to make out what height they'll be. Just tried it on my 2-year-old and I think it actually will be precise. Get a rope and start at the elbow (front leg) down to the fetlock. Then take that and put it upside down from the elbow up. The bit that the rope doesn't cover, it how much your babyhorse will grow. (Get it? :p)

My two-year-old stand 16.1 hh and he'll turn out to be 16.2/16.3hh.

I.Camilla

Visit site
She is pretty stocky for a 2 year old and very bum high, I have no information on her dam or sire.

Yeh mine was bum high 4 months ago and probably around 13.1hh? But she’s shot up suddenly. Can’t keep up with how fast they change. Good job they’re so stocky the height isn’t needed too much haha.

bryngelenponies

www.biopharm-leeches.com
My 15 month old section D filly is now standing around 13.2/3hh, her breeder think she will make 14.3hh. But everyone who's seen her comments what a big filly she is and I'm starting to wonder now whether she will get a bit bigger. Her parents are both 14.3hh but her grandfather was around 15.2hh so I'm not sure! OP I would guess your filly would make about 14.1hh but I'm sure someone else will be able to give you a better answer.

sophie550

Visit site
ooh I see what you mean Four Seasons. I'll try that tomorrow!

I think most of the time its just a guessing game, I've known so many youngsters to exceed their predicted height limit.

I really hope she'll make atleast 14hh if not 14.1/14.2. Just seen her sires progeny, her half sister made 14.2hh! I have hope! Hahah

Polotash

Visit site
I agree with Four Seasons, I always use the elbow to ergot method on mine and it's been accurate to within 1 inch for all 9 of my homebreds.