HELLLO MIDGES, Are the zebra rugs worth it!

Toffee44

Visit site
Has anyone used the zebra rugs? I havent used a fly rug for 2 years as horse just gets annoyed and wants to come in anyway so is in during the day but their are midges already here. The companies claim flies do not like the black and white therefore flies not landing on them?

Any experiences

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Has anyone used the zebra rugs? I havent used a fly rug for 2 years as horse just gets annoyed and wants to come in anyway so is in during the day but their are midges already here. The companies claim flies do not like the black and white therefore flies not landing on them?

Any experiences
Yes IMO they do

trakehnersrock!

Visit site
Think I need a zebra rug over myself!! Got eaten alive round head and neck tues evening!!!
We have got midge face nets for hacking out once the flies start. We were told by a farmer we looked like we were at the Venetian Carnaval, but he had to concede that we had a point when we said at least we could chat without risking swallowing the damn flies or having one zoom up our noses lol

Apercrumbie

Visit site
We have got midge face nets for hacking out once the flies start. We were told by a farmer we looked like we were at the Venetian Carnaval, but he had to concede that we had a point when we said at least we could chat without risking swallowing the damn flies or having one zoom up our noses lol

I'm sure they look utterly ridiculous but what a good idea. Having had to abruptly pull up my boy mid-canter the other day (he was not impressed) to remove a HUGE midge from my eye, I probably wouldn't say no to one of those!

silv

Visit site
Yep, my friend down the road got one of the zebra rugs for her very sensitive Arabian mare, she says difference it has made is incredible.