hello and sorry

dunthing

Visit site
hello everyone. i am fairly new on here but have been reading posts for ages. i apologise for not introducing myself earlier.
im an oldie with an oversized highland gelding. (hence the name) thats him not me!!

Happytohack

Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forum. Piccies please of Freddy.
smile.gif

tremorfa

Visit site
Hello, good morning and welcome. I echo the above, let's see some photos of your boy(always assuming you are not a computer idiot like me and don't know how to post pics!)
grin.gif

Honeypots

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
hello everyone. i am fairly new on here but have been reading posts for ages. i apologise for not introducing myself earlier.
im an oldie with an oversized highland gelding. (hence the name) thats him not me!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello...and welcome..I'm from North Devon too. Whereabouts are you?
grin.gif

dunthing

Visit site
hi everyone. yes i am a computer idiot. i shall get my daughter to put some pics on here. she looks after fred for me and i just ride when i go up to see her (about 4 miles away) she also has four others. one retired P2Per, one 13Hh exmoor cross 7 yrs, one rescue mare 5yrs not broken yet as she has been very nervous until lately and lastly, one 2yr old piebald geldingwho trips over daisies in the field.

Honeypots

Visit site
Not too far then. I'm Combe Martin and have a Highland cross (apparently but no history) for my daughter. I also have a nervy rescue pony and a clumsy piebald..spooky..
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Scarlett

Visit site
Mine is a gelding, 14h, bright golden dun, 9 years old and by Whitefields Zircon... called Glen aan na Dairlach...

Complete little sh!t, bucks and naps for Scotland, loads of fun though... currently being loned by a friend and her kids, they want to buy him but dunno if I can part with him....

dunthing

Visit site
Nice to know there are other highland buckers!! Mine now wears a daisy rein cos he does handstands. They arent just normal bucks. Had him since he was 2 and hes now 15. Hes 15Hh grey dun and by Balmoral Dee out of Nashend Seashell. Hes like a heavyweight cob with 9 inches of bone but gentle as a kitty

dunthing

Visit site
My daughter got her rescue mare and the 2yr old from SWEP when they were in Yelverton. The piebald is so sweet but you have to watch your toes cos hes not sure where his feet are going yet.

dunthing

Visit site
Hi, sorry for the delay, went to make coffee. How are the neds related? My sister (lives in Cornwall) bought a mare after I got mine and turns out she is Freds great aunt.

dunthing

Visit site
I sea!!! My sisters mare is Whitefield line but goes back to Nashend through Seamist. I dont do much with mine because he has dodgy legs. He gets concussion on hard ground and has windgalls where he pulls out of mud in winter. He really is a happy hacker. He tends to stop and look at views when we are hacking. A bulldozer wont move him when he decides he wants to look at something.

Enfys

Visit site
Hello, Welcome home!

I have a soft spot for Highlands too, one of my first ponies was a mouse dun, probably only about 13h but he felt huge to me back then.

I am from Devon too, originally anyway, one of my brothers lives in Ilfracombe and I used to work at a trekking/riding stables (Crossways.....still have the tee shirt!) in Yelverton, small world isn't it?
smile.gif

Clare_C, Sojeph? I am slow to catch on, sorry.

dunthing

Visit site
It certainly is a small world. My boy started out as grey dun, had zebra stripes, eel stripe and black mane and tail. Hes totally grey/white now. Still very handsome though. Does yours have a sense of humour? We used to be in a livery yard with a shower room and he would grab the hosepipe and soak everyone as they walked past!!

Honeypots

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It certainly is a small world. My boy started out as grey dun, had zebra stripes, eel stripe and black mane and tail. Hes totally grey/white now. Still very handsome though. Does yours have a sense of humour? We used to be in a livery yard with a shower room and he would grab the hosepipe and soak everyone as they walked past!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao
grin.gif