hello from France

and it'w wet and windy now...shame the few days of warm weather had just dried the fields out nicely....still can't complain - only used 1/2 a round bale of hay so far this winter - used more in the heat of the summer!

Just a quick question - has anyone over here found any sort of decent insurance for vet fees for horses or dogs? I haven't yet found any and have even implored Petplan to do insurance for us expats without success!

Shady

Bonjour, go to 35 often - most of my family live there! :D (They are scattered around, got more down south too)

Shady.. one day a HHOer will come and meet you :p
they won't.... no one will ever find me again, there isn't even a signpost , google says i don't exist, i could fade away here and no one would know......... i shall have to haunt HHO forever! :eek::D

Tern

they won't.... no one will ever find me again, there isn't even a signpost , google says i don't exist, i could fade away here and no one would know......... i shall have to haunt HHO forever! :eek::D
Now, that is a scary thought lol.. we need some more shady stories soon.. please embarrass yourself soon. :D

I like when there isn't a sign post - it is great fun trying to navigate round the french roads if you aren't 100% sure about them. :D Do satnavs take you to the right place?

Shady

Now, that is a scary thought lol.. we need some more shady stories soon.. please embarrass yourself soon. :D

I like when there isn't a sign post - it is great fun trying to navigate round the french roads if you aren't 100% sure about them. :D Do satnavs take you to the right place?
LOL, i don't think i can match my laxative experience any time soon! but i will try just for you!.xxx
my stupid sat nav has decided that i need to do the scenic route everywhere and it wants to bankrupt me in petrol costs!

Rollin

Welcome to the Forum. I am in Maine et Loire (49), can't cope with numbers!!!

I used to insure for vet's fees but my 36 year old has never given me a vet bill. I worked out after 10 years I could have bought another horse!!

I do insure for death/theft with Carriage House in the UK and have used them for 20 years.

Rollin

Never travel without a map book. So when o/h's sat nav get us lost and he argues for the next x00 kms, like batman I am to the rescue. YES I am a woman who CAN read a map!!

Booboos

oooh Booboo, you are near Toulouse? on the plains there? i bought my PRE from down near you, i was in 81 before, near Cordes sur Ciel, rainy here in 12 at the mo.
Yes, between Toulouse and Carcassonne. We just had a horribly wet week and I am getting fed up, I've clearly lost the English knack of ignoring the weather and getting on with it!