Hello from Scrappy - a little update!

cblover

Visit site
Hi everyone, Scrappy is waving her hoof at you all.

My beautiful 'Scrappy' clydesdale is 3 years old now and growing into a calm and confident youngster. We've had a go at horse agility, ground work sessions, equine therapy and now she's starting to wear her saddle and bridle. No rider until next year though, I don't like to put any weight on them until at least 4.

She loves hubby too and both her and our new one Sox are happy to help with any jobs around the field. lol Sox is her field companion who is a year old filly and the sweetest thing you've ever seen. She'll make around 15hh and is a traditional cob.

Anyway, here's some pics......

Hope you're all enjoying the summer with your neddies!

cblover

Visit site
Thank you folks. She’s a very special Clydie who is loved by us all. After her horrible start in life, I’m protective about her and so proud of how she’s grown up and become a lovely gentle giant.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
I’ve said it once and I’ve no doubt I will say it again ( ;) ) she has out grown the name Scrapy. She looks amazing and beautiful. I look forward to the photos of her under saddle next year. She is getting a good start to her ridden life and should make a super riding horse. Lucky you , lucky her :)

cblover

Visit site
You’re right she needs a better name but Scrappy seems to have stuck. Lol It was never meant to be her pet name, hubby called her Mary Valentine and her real name is Thorpe Hill Ellen. Everyone just jumped on the wagon with Scrappy and here we are at 3 years old....calling a beautiful, huge Clyde such a ridiculous name. Hey ho!!

Spottyappy

Visit site
She’s lovely. She definitely landed on her hooves when you rescued her. Love the pic of sox with her and your OH, too. Lots of fun times ahead.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
She’s gorgeous and definitely not a scrappy any more. Must be a lovely feeling to see a little scrap grow into a big beauty under your care.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Gorgeous....one of my very favourite H&H horses!

She looks fantastic and you'd never know what a rough start to life she had.

Her new little friend looks very cute too!

cblover

Visit site
Thanks everyone, means a lot. She loves visitors, so if you’re ever in the Cumbria area you’d be more than welcome to come and say hello.

deb_l222

Visit site
Awww she's superb isn't she and very pretty. I miss having clydies around so much.

If you get chance, check out Cumbrian Heavy Horses new boy (William) on Facecloth. He's a stunner and very unusual in the colour department.

My Clydesdale got nicknamed Tommy Tickle Mouse, which then got shortened to 'mouse'. All 18hh and 850kg of him, so I get that Scrappy sticks :D

cblover

Visit site
Yes I’ve seen the new boy at the Cumbria heavy horses on Facebook. I love him, fab colour and a lovely looking Clyde.

Regandal

Visit site
She is beautiful, and a real credit to you and your other half.
I've been drooling over the Clydesdale foals along at Collessie, where I buy my feed. They have some interesting colours this year.