Hello

Mary_Westmacott

New User
Visit site
Good afternoon everyone. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name's Mary and I live in beautiful rural Somerset. Over the weekend I met a most agreeable young man who told me about this discussion group. I'm rather long in the tooth but like to keep up with young people, so persuaded my grand-son to show me how the internet works. It fair took my breath away!

I've lived a quiet life in this tranquil village (apart from my five marriages) but I've always been a vocal and ardent campaigner for animal welfare. My favourite uncle help set up the L.A.C.S. and I suppose he was an early influence. Although I'm in my 80s I still hold coffee mornings and poker drives to fund the League.

I very much look forward to talking to you bright young things!

gemma1992

Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum. Its highly addictive
I'm not trying to put you off but this room hardly gets used so if you want to be noticed put it in the soap box or news lounge.
Enjoy your time on here

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
It's crap using more than one user name and agaisnt the rules. Can't you have a little respect for the people who run the forum. It's obvious you have no regard or interest for animal welfare whatsoever but just want to try and wind people up.

Crap.

(This is directed at ELB not you Claire!)

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
My apologies Ms Westmacott. Any hints on persuading my grandmother to sign up to the internet. She is an ardent pro like me, horribly cantankerous when her arthritis is bothering her..I'm sure she'd have fun here!

Is it a coincidence that you share a name with the pen name chosen by Agatha Christie...

Mary_Westmacott

New User
Visit site
How very perspicacious of you! Yes I knew Agatha very well and I pride myself on giving her the idea for "Body in the Library". (Daddy was a bit of a drinker and could often be found in the morning comatose on the ground floor.)

Yes, you really should persuade your grandmother to join up - she can't be any more cantankerous than some of the rascals here!