Hello!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Thought I'd start posting after lurking for a while as the forum seems to offer a wealth of advice and experience .

I've got a 7 year old mare who was bought from the field earlier this year. She was out of work, thin, scruffy and grumpy. She's now back in work, fatter & smarter but still grumpy. But she is also brave as a lion, very clever, willing to work and I adore her. I am hoping to fulfill a lifetime ambition to affiliate BE with her next season. But we have a long way to go to get there so it will be a busy winter.

Anyway, hello and looking forward to meeting some of you....

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Hi - a 'before' picture.... Amber back in January when I got her. I did not really like her and she didn't really like me! (How she came to me is a bit of a long story)

attachment.php

But I mellowed within a few days as I realised than under that unpromising exterior was a heart of gold.

'After' ones - these were taken in the summer.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I now worship the ground she trots on. And can't wait to see how the next few years unfold.....

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
What a lovely horse - your smile says it all. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey together. x

Thank you. I really do think she's lovely but I am a bit biased! She had never been privately owned before me - didn't even have a name. I feel she has really softened and learned to trust. She was a bit defensive and negative at first but now just has a great attitude to work and life. A very special mare.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Oops it's a bit big! Anyway - the Bay is Max - 6 yo 14.2 TB X Fell. Amber has already been introduced. Grey is the gorgeous Genevivie (Ginny). 5 yo 14.1 Connemara. The newbie to the family.

joosie

Visit site
Hi! I have missed your updates and photos, good to see you back.
Ginny is nice! I take it wee Oscar has finally been outgrown, not surprising as your girls seemed to be growing like weeds!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Hi! I have missed your updates and photos, good to see you back.
Ginny is nice! I take it wee Oscar has finally been outgrown, not surprising as your girls seemed to be growing like weeds!

Hi, nice to see a familiar name! Yes Oscar has been sold on now and Ginny is new. She's green as grass - shipped over from Ireland just a short while before we picked her up - and none too keen on being handled although much more comfortable being ridden. She knows where she is with 'work' I think so settles down as soon as the tack goes on. She'll come round though. She has learnt what carrots and mint imperials are, having been very suspicious of them at first.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Well my signature photo isn't allowed. Oops. It has the name of the photographer on it. So I'll choose another one. In the meantime, let me introduce the ponies....

Max. 6 year old TB x Fell. Bought just over a year ago having not done much up till then. Had quite a significant napping problem for a while - rearing vertical and spinning fairly regularly which was a little alarming for his 12 yo jockey! But she rides him well and that all seems to be behind them now. He has not done much competing but they did do a 70cm ODE over a BE course in September. 36 dressage, clear SJ and just one honest stop at the corner. Thrilled with him and I think that next year they can really get stuck in at BE80T level and maybe even some 90s by the end of the season.

Ginny is brand new and belongs to my other daughter. 5 yo Connie mare. Had her a month. She's a sweetheart though quite a stressy one. Again I am hoping she might be able to event next year....

Will try and find some pics without a logo.