Hello.

calamityjane

New User
Visit site
I am new but not really, just haven't had time to post for such a long time.
I am now a grandmother and still have one horse, my oldish Arab broodmare Shahrilm. She has been a star and over the past few years through selling all the others, moving to another county and the rest, she has become a highly valued friend and confident. I can no longer ride. She wasn't too keen on being a riding horse anyway, with her slightly odd gait thanks to a kick from an unfriendly field mate when not under my care. Horses are more than just a sport's vehicle as you know, and we don't have a dog so Shahrilm is our substitute, our field ornament. She is probably the only member of the family who listens to me.
We didn't actually have a field in the new place. Sadly it had nothing but woodland and is on a slope. We now have a fenced off area, an almost meadow only a short trot through the woods from the new stable block. Shah has her suspicions about this arrangement but she manages usually at a canter. Beside that small grassy area she has the rented field just across the track. No hardship.
That's us.
I hope to hear about the latest in whatever is going on in Horse and Hound world.