Helmet Cams?

crystalclear

Visit site
Hi

has anyone got any recommendations for helmet cams? I've heard about the gopros but looking to spend less than that! Any cheaper alternatives?

Thank you

Vickijay

Visit site
I have a bullet hd one. It's really good and was about half the price of a go pro one. If you search some of my posts from last year you can find videos from it :)

hairycob

Visit site
Watching with interest as we have moved to a village with much more traffic & nearly had a moron hit a car coming in the opposite direction this morning as he sped up to get past me this morning. Must have saved him a whole couple of seconds.

JCWHITE

Visit site
It may be worth considering instead of having the camera on your hat, a chest strap attatchment for less (bounce)

hairycob

Visit site
Less bounce? Only if you have the right bra on!
Spent the afternoon researching & a lot seem to only have 1 hour recording time which is too short for a hack. Bullet seem to be an exception.
Vickijay - which model do you have & how long do you record for?

Shay

Visit site
Try the Muvi. £30 from amazon - although you will need a much larger card to go with it. Either fasten to the hat silk, to the harness or - or choice - to the front of the BP / Hi Viz Tabard. Camera's on the hat swing violently when you look side to side and can make watchers feel sick. With a large card the Muvi lasts about 8 hours - more than long enough even for a full day's hunting.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Less bounce? Only if you have the right bra on!
Spent the afternoon researching & a lot seem to only have 1 hour recording time which is too short for a hack. Bullet seem to be an exception.
Vickijay - which model do you have & how long do you record for?

Mine has about a 2.5 hour recording time

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Has anyone ever fallen off while wearing one? Are they a dangerous thing to have on your hat?

Yep, i've fallen!
[youtube]g7L5uJhAbQo[/youtube]
(to see the full HD quality my headcam records in click on the cog icon on the youtube box and select 1080HD from the list - youtube default is to show 320d which gives a false impression of the quality of this cam)

Wouldnt imagine the camera to represent any significant danger, i'm certain mine would just slip out the way on the hat band as it isnt fixed firm to my helmet.

Last edited:

crystalclear

Visit site
Thank you - If I'm looking at the ridght ones theyre about £200? Maybe next year just after a cheaper alternative for now ideally with over an hours recording time

dieseldog

Visit site
I have the HedCamz and it can record for 4 hours battery life - it just depends on how big your memory card is - mine is 32GB which is about 2 hours, so if I had a bigger card I could record longer. https://www.hedcamz.com/

They were cheaper to buy in their Ebay shop than on their website.

hairycob

Visit site
That would be ok for teaching but battey life is only 1.5- 2 hours. I'm looking for something that is minimum 3 hours, preferably more. One of the bullet models says 5 hours which looks good. Will need to look at weight.

Vickijay

Visit site
I've got a pro 2 bullet hd. I've recorded up to about an hour and a half. I had to get a different memory card though. I got it from

https://www.hedcamz.com

I called them and talked about what I wanted. The guy was really helpful, so might be worth ringing.

applecart14

Visit site
Hi

has anyone got any recommendations for helmet cams? I've heard about the gopros but looking to spend less than that! Any cheaper alternatives?

Thank you

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Actioncam-A...=UTF8&qid=1395665261&sr=8-1&keywords=head+cam

This is the one I have and my partner bought if for me. Its very effective and at £20 you cant go wrong. I have taken a video of me jumping a clear round at a competition in it, but I didn't have it placed very well on my head and only got Bailey's right ear on it.