Help and Advice please

sarah23

Visit site
I have a little pony that has started jumping out of his field, for no other reason that he just can. He is becoming a real little s*** for it now and I really need to stop him ASAP as other people are getting feed up with him.

tethering him is not an option as I have other horses turned out with him. Really stupid question, could I put hobbles on him (only for a while) and do you think it would work or would it be a big NO NO.

I'm at my wits end what to do with him and how I can put a stop to it. If anyone has any other good ideas I'm willing to try any

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Does he have company in his field?

Does he have grazing in his field?

Can you make him a reasonable sized pen with electric fencing? We had to do this with Little Lad (he still got out even when it was six feet high and interleaved electric tape, but we tried :rolleyes:).

Clodagh

Visit site
I'm sure I read on here once that if you put a mask in front of their eyes so they can't line up on a fence they stop doing it. So a piece of plastic like a police horse visor, but smaller and opaque.
Personally I would hobble him if I could be sure that he wouldn't get kicked but isn't it illegal? And you will be shot down in flames on here for not having 9' high stallion fence for him, so be prepared!

sarah23

Visit site
yes there are 4 others in the field. No not jumping out for grass as he's jumping out into farmers ploughed field. I have had electric fence in front of my post and rail fencing.

Higher fence is not an option as he is going back out on loan ASAP. Keeps coming back because of the jumping out. He just thinks it's a game now.