Help - at event and panicking...!

Angelbones

Visit site
Am at a BE event and realised we don't have passports with us, they are doing spot checks and we are cowering in the trailer in a panic. What will they do? Will we be disqualified? Get a warning? Anybody know? Should we just leave now?

Thank you! X

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I would go and speak to the secretary take her aside and say you have made a complete error in this. Grovel and look suitably upset and see what happens.

TheoryX1

Visit site
Fingers crossed they wont pick on you. If picked on, get someone to scan and email to event secretary of if possible pick it up. Tip - always leave passport in 4 x 4 or lorry glove compartment!

DorothyJ

Visit site
This has happened to me once, typically the only time I have forgotten horse's passport. Secretary asked me to scan and email vaccination page to BE on the Monday and that would be fine. As it was I was helping out by dressage writing there the next day so just took it along with me. I would be surprised if you were disqualified.

Angelbones

Visit site
Well, now wishing we had got picked on and then disqualified - as the huge grey monster decided it was much more fun to stand up and wave both front feet at the crowd than to jump the showjumps :p Daft idiot has never done it before so let's hope its not the start of a new party piece.

It wasn't a great day all in all (car broke down on the way home too) so lots of lessons learned, and sadly lots to file away in the mental trash can. On a good note however, got a fantastic pro photo of the git looking a million dollars, just about 3 strides before he lost the plot - I think it would make an excellent selling photo ;)

Thanks everyone x