Help find my friend a horse

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
My friends horse is broken so she is on the looj out for a new one.

She needs the following.
Age between 7/8 and 12 ish
Between 15:1 and 16:1
Mare or gelding
Hack out alone or in company and stays sane.
Has been to or can xc up to BE 90 and 100 as wants to do a few events a year
RC activities
Doesn't care about colour
Nice personality
Will look after rthe rider as had a few confidence knocks from previous horses.
No quirks.
Not too much of an expressive back end when jumping.
Mid / high 4 figures budget

For a lady in her 50s.

I know it's like finding a unicorn but someone on here might know of one.

She would prefer private sale as had some bad ish experiences with dealers.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
There is one I keep seeing on Facebook that has a couple sarcoids on his stomach but fits the rest of the description and is low 4's.
Sarcoids have been seen by a vet and aren't near tack.. If she would consider it then I'll have a hunt and see if I can find it.

sportsmansB

Visit site
Will she consider an iffy vetting or a stable vice? Worth broaching that subject and making a list of acceptable v not acceptable. Everyone is different in that regard. Would open up the market a bit at that money
Tbh otherwise that horse is about £12-15k

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Depends on what it is.

I don't think she will go with sarciods as yo gelding has them and they have gone everywhere. Though mine had them removed and is fine. But again different vets say different things.

Will ask her her nos etc. Regarding that.

bubsqueaks

Visit site
As above I think the budget needs to be doubled - anything thats BE90 or BE100 is at a premium too, as is confidence giver & nice personality - anybody having that whole combination will be very lucky indeed!
Ive just had a look as about to refresh my advert with lockdown easing & prices are staggering!
Im having inquiries daily & my advert is 3 months old put up just before lockdown, however, I am going to spell out what he isnt which I though I had done but clearly havent as people keep asking if he's a safe allrounder which I most definitely have not advertised him as but people just dont read or digest what their reading!
What she is looking for is what everybody is looking for & prices are fixed generally by supply & demand - supply being in shorter supply I believe due to Brexit taxes & demand rocketing due to Covid.

Reactions: TPO

ihatework

Visit site
Why is 14.3hh under height for BE?
If your friend isn’t too big for one and they just measure out of ponies, then don’t let 14.3hh stop them