Help, I need to find a bit like this

Irishcobs

Visit site
http://www.thesaddleryshop.co.uk/P/Coppe...doon-(783).aspx

Ok, my mare goes ok in this bit. She goes better in this then the very expensive myler I bought last year. But she has got to be the fussiest horse I have ever known. There are so many bits she won't go in it is easier to list what she does.
They are waterford, straight bar but only if a pelham and now this, but only this type of bit. If you look how the lozenge and arms join, the lozenge is flat and arms join to the link. It is also thin as she has very little room in her mouth. If that makes sense. Like this the lozenge doesn't hit the roof of her mouth which is what she hates.
Now my problem, my mare needs a 6". At a push I can get her in a 5 3/4" as she will only be doing dressage in it about once a month. But I can not find one anywhere.
It doesn't have to be sweet iron or copper.

Blue-bear

Visit site
dont even got me started on bits! Our boy really needs a 61/2" and cant find anything anywhere in that size at present! Some of the suppliers have 6" in stock if you phone and ask or go in your saddlery and get them to phone their suppliers direct. I did this with my last bit which i got in a 6" believeing it would be big enough but he only goes in loose ring so needs to b bigger, its annoying i totally sympathise.
Other than that you can get them specially made to order which looks like where im heading at the mo.....

Irishcobs

Visit site
Blue_bear, I think you may be right. I will go to the saddlery tomorrow and ask if they can get one in 6" if not I think I will have to get one made. Gahhh, bl**dy horse costs me so much money.

shellonabeach

Visit site

hellybelly6

Visit site
6" bits or bigger are a big struggle to find. I have a similar problem, needing a 6.5" bit.

Have you tried neule schule, they make big bits. I got my horse's Dutch gag from Frogpool in a 6.5". Might be worth trying there too as well as Abbey.