Help, matchy matchy for my impossibly colored horse..

SpottyTB

Visit site
Hey all,

After this morning when i tried on my matchy matchy royal blue travelling set on my yearling, i have an odd bug for a horse in matching gear.. so seeing as i have to wait 3 years until i can dress Hugo up in blue under saddle.. can i have some ideas of a color that will suit Gem .. :D good luck, she's impossibly colored not sure ANYTHING could go with her!

I know in this pic she's in red but ideally something other than red to be suggested as mil has a mare in red (and she looks awesome in that color) :D

Oh and just cos he looks like a dude.. here's Hugo my yearling in his first matchy matchy set :D :D

SpottyTB

Visit site
Oh no, no pinks sorry Elle, Gem is certainly not a lady in pink kinda lass ;)

Mmmm i'm going to have to take a chance and just buy a color.. she's such a stupid color - why cant she just be bay! :D

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Well if ur going to be boring about pink then I vote bright aqua with GlamourPuss86 :)

*wanders off muttering that Gem would love to be a pink girly horse if she were just given the chance.....* :D

SpottyTB

Visit site
Haha sorry Elle ;), she may like pink .. if we were going to be brave and go for pink.. it would have to be hot pink - which is a more tougher color than baby pink ;).

*wanders off to look at hot pink bandages and google aqua bandages.. mm where am i going to find them!"*

SpottyTB

Visit site
No worries i shall provide some matchy pictures - does no one like Hugo's matchy picture? I think royal blue certainly suits him! :D

SpottyTB

Visit site
Haha that's hugo's usual attire too ;) he's only looking smart as he has his first outing in 2 weeks.. Just want to look smart when we arrive before the Madness unravels.

Ob- think dark green will be a colour I go for as well as aqua and poss hot pink (just 2 please Elle ;)) .. Best get saving!!!!

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
He looks v handsome :D My yearlings matchy matchy consists of mud accessorised with twigs in his yak mane :D

hehe....kitty too :D

i've tried matchy matchy but i tend to buy things as and when i need them and if they are on sale.......i've got some bright red bacndages from rambo an thinking of getting newmarket fleece (will match with red stripe)...may contemplate red headcollar.......kitty is bright bay.....any thoughts on this???

LittleGinger

Visit site
Agree with those saying dark green - think that'd be lovely on her unusual (but pretty!) colouring. I reckon you could get away with most shades of blue too.

Hugo is a stunner, isn't he? He looks gorgeous, and the blue is fab on him.

SpottyTB

Visit site
Littlerocketrider - baby blue on a bright bay looks nice :)

LittleGinger - Oo i might have to steal Hugo's blue stuff to try on Gem ;).. Will play safe and go for green to start and then opt for other colors as and when. :D Thank you RE Hugo, he is the apple of my eye :) but Gem will always be the one i have the biggest soft spot for! :).

babymare

Visit site
Firstly i think shes gorgeous . lovely little lady :) now colour mmmm bright but nothing that takes eye from her. mmmm a nice bright blue but keep it subtle :) lovely horse x

SpottyTB

Visit site
Thank you babymare, it's nice for her to get a compliment too - after i posted i felt bad for adding the picture of Hugo.. cos he does get a lot more attention and comments than she does! I shall try her out in his blue stuff and see if it suits.. if it does i shall get some more blue stuff :)!!

Kirstys1 - i'll give it a go, just keeping it clean worries me ;p will have to wash it every time!!!!

:D :D