Help me choose a bridle for spanish horse!?!? (with pictures)

SpanishNeddy

Visit site
Right, my spanish lad (pictures below of his head!) has been in a horrible cheap bridle since he was backed (18 months ago). So it is about time I got him a nice bridle!

Now, his current bridle is made up using different sizing because general sizing of anything in the UK rarely fits the spanish horse well :p :p

He is broad at the top but smaller round the nose (currently full size bridle with cob noseband if i remember rightly).

It needs to be a comfort head piece and padded boseband for sure. I like patent....what do we think? would it suit him? most bridles seem to have huge thick nosebands....which I don't think will suit him, do you? I also don't think rolled would suite him either do you?

I like Equipe bridle, Horse Sense Elevator and the premier range Jeffries. I do like to GFS dressage bridle but think the noseband is prob too thick.....?

I don't like the amerigo......noseband MASSIVE! and would swallow his face poor thing LOL.

What does everyone think? I can not decide :confused::confused::confused:

Pictures below.

Hartpury7.jpg

002.jpg

Hartpury7.jpg

Wheels

Visit site
I think a thicker noseband would actually suit him better. I have my eye on a HM softee bridle when my Spaniard is old enough for shows

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I agree that a thicker bridle actually suits the Spanish head better, both of mine have Albion padded cavassons for "English" work, in the thickest width available. Your horse has a more modern, not sub-convex profile (mine are the old fashioned "rams head" Baroque type), so pretty much any dressage bridle will look good.

ex racer rider

Visit site
I personally dont like him in his rolled one and think he would actually look quite smart in a thicker one, not a 'hunter style' noseband but he could easily carry something about 1 to 1 1/2 inches off :D
He's very nice by the way!