Help Me Find A Horsebox - Also in CR

Escada2004

Visit site
Ive been searching and searching for a horsebox and having no luck at all :( so im asking if anyone knows of anything suitable that might not be advertised yet? My requirements are as follows:

Small budget of £5k max
Must take 2 horses
Living area although im happy to add to this so just needs the basics and room to improve
Decent condition as in not a rust bucket!
Good solid horse area, solid floor decent partitions etc
Current lorry is a 1989 so want newer than this.
Cur through cab and luton a must

Thanks everyone :D

Last edited:

nat_1

Visit site
Hi,i dont know what area you are in,but my friend has just advertised a 7.5 tonne lorry,takes 2 16.2's.just been mot'd and still got few mths tax.
2.8k i think she wants,but would take less.
We are in worcestershire. If u want anymore details pm me n ill send u the link to preloved ad.

perfect11s

Visit site
Ive been searching and searching for a horsebox and having no luck at all :( so im asking if anyone knows of anything suitable that might not be advertised yet? My requirements are as follows:

Small budget of £5k max
Must take 2 horses
Living area although im happy to add to this so just needs the basics and room to improve
Decent condition as in not a rust bucket!
Good solid horse area, solid floor decent partitions etc
Current lorry is a 1989 so want newer than this.
Cur through cab and luton a must

Thanks everyone :D
Curious why is a luton esential???

georgiegirl

Visit site
Escada Im looking for pretty much similar (although dont want to go as heavy as a 7.5 ton) so would be interested in any replies you get - if theres any that sound ok but are too far away for you to get to then let me know - Im up north!

I have found a beautiful little 6.5tonner which I think you may have asked me about - I have offered a couple k more than your budget (above my original budget too but was going to get a loan!) but the seller still wont budge on price so its back to the drawing board!

Comiserations from a fellow lorry hunter - its bloody frustrating!

georgiegirl

Visit site
Ive seen that a while back too - the fact it has no mot at all makes me a bit suspicious though! Seeing as its so cheap I would offer them £250 more (which would cover the cost of a standard plating) and see if they were willing to sell it with a 12 month plate at 2250........if they wernt - stay well away!

Escada2004

Visit site
escada would this not be any good for you?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Banbury-E...t=UK_Horse_Wear_Equipment&hash=item20c0f85be7

Too big for what I want but seems to have most of the things you want? As its sorn perhaps you could negotiate on the price to cover the mot costs? Looks like it could be a lovely box with a bit of tlc!

thanks georgiegirl, but also too big for me :( very nice just needs to be a couple of feet shorter as at my yard its very very tight to turn the lorry round and that one would definately get stuck :eek:

Escada2004

Visit site
Ive seen that a while back too - the fact it has no mot at all makes me a bit suspicious though! Seeing as its so cheap I would offer them £250 more (which would cover the cost of a standard plating) and see if they were willing to sell it with a 12 month plate at 2250........if they wernt - stay well away!

I agree, seems odd, if its sound and ready to go like they say, why dont they spend the £90 on a test? Would be easier for them to sell then!

georgiegirl

Visit site
Thats the thing....you know if someone is willing to put it through a test then there cant be that much wrong with it. If they refuse then they obviously know its going to cost a fortune!

anyway hun, I'll keep searching for both of us! It seems its all I do at the moment anyway...... :( fed up! Im hoping a big batch of lorries are going to be advertised soon ready for the coming season!

Escada2004

Visit site
Thats the thing....you know if someone is willing to put it through a test then there cant be that much wrong with it. If they refuse then they obviously know its going to cost a fortune!

anyway hun, I'll keep searching for both of us! It seems its all I do at the moment anyway...... :( fed up! Im hoping a big batch of lorries are going to be advertised soon ready for the coming season!

sooo frustrating isnt it! I found a lovely little Merc two horse side loading but as soon as i called it had already been sold :( i will keep an eye out for you to! I would be hapy with a 6.5t or a smaller 7.5t, they are just so hard to come by. You never know now Christmas it out of the way they might start to be advertised :D i have someone very keen on mine but cant let it go until i find a replacement. I can guarantee if i had found a replacement first i wouldnt be able to sell mine!!

Escada2004

Visit site
have you looked on Preloved - not only the local adverts but look back through the pages of adverts from further afield....

yep i went through every advert today....... twice lol it seems that the cheap ones are basically what i have already or older then there are the 10k plus ones, nothing in between which is where my budget is :(

georgiegirl

Visit site
escada have you seen this?

http://www.horses-now.co.uk/ad_detail.php?id=8936&category=horseboxes-for-sale

obviously you would need some more pictures etc but all sounds in order?

ps dont worry - i am going throught every single website you can imagine first thing in the morning and last thing at night - my family think ive become obsessed (which in all fairness I have) but then again a decent one isnt just going to roll up on my doorstep! Sods law will have it I will constantly search for 6 months and then one will turn up 5 miles away from house - I hope that day hurries its arse up an gets here soon!

Escada2004

Visit site
escada have you seen this?

http://www.horses-now.co.uk/ad_detail.php?id=8936&category=horseboxes-for-sale

obviously you would need some more pictures etc but all sounds in order?

ps dont worry - i am going throught every single website you can imagine first thing in the morning and last thing at night - my family think ive become obsessed (which in all fairness I have) but then again a decent one isnt just going to roll up on my doorstep! Sods law will have it I will constantly search for 6 months and then one will turn up 5 miles away from house - I hope that day hurries its arse up an gets here soon!

Thanks georgiegirl, ive seen this one its been around for a while and from memory on another site its quite old :/ also would prefer a bit more tonnage ha ha sorry im getting as obsessed as you! Its so hard when you have something particular in your mind. :eek:

ticobay831

Visit site
ive got one for sale want around the 7 k mark though but am open to reasonable offers, its been advertised for some time now but have just had no interest at all, thing is peope think becausenits been advertised for some time there's somthing wrong with it, this isnt the case at all, its a good sound lorry well looked after and regularly service, have all the service history as well, just dont think people have got the money.. :-/

Escada2004

Visit site
ive got one for sale want around the 7 k mark though but am open to reasonable offers, its been advertised for some time now but have just had no interest at all, thing is peope think becausenits been advertised for some time there's somthing wrong with it, this isnt the case at all, its a good sound lorry well looked after and regularly service, have all the service history as well, just dont think people have got the money.. :-/

can you send me the link to the ad please?