HELP>>>Need to get a foal from Argyll (Scotland) to Wimborne (Dorset)!

cariadssogreat

Visit site
I have found the lovliest foal ever! I need to get it back from Argyll in Scotland to Wimborne in Dorset. So far I have been quoted £1000, and they didn't seem very keen. Any ideas on who to try ? Help me please !
crazy.gif

Nic

Visit site
Have you tried Eric Gillie?, they are always up & down Britian. Their lorries are immaculate & I have heard good things about them.

cariadssogreat

Visit site
Its a stonking stunning Highland!!! I know it depends on what you like - but this is exactly it! I could just do with getting the transport cost down a fraction! Although I obviously expect it to be alot - couldn't get it much further away..... Will try Gillies - and let you know, meanwhile any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. OH is not very keen on driving there himself lol!

Happytohack

Visit site
I have just had my new lovely mare transported by Julie Magnus - can't recommend her highly enough. Mare travelled beautifully and Julie kept me updated by text throughout the journey. Would definitely recommend her, but if you want a shared load try www.findhorsetransport.com for licensed transporters - they will all quote for you.

Scarlett

Visit site
I cant recommend Eric Gillies enough - i've used him twice to bring horses from Glasgow area to Surrey - fabulous and the lorries are luxury... They moved my Highland down in Jan, great service and it cost me just short of £300 each time... bargain...
smile.gif

Helenabbey

Visit site
Oh that is great! I am thinking of buying a Friesian and am looking into this sort of thing in case I need to import one or travel a long way. Thanks everyone, and Furryears, i hope you get your lovely foal safely!

cariadssogreat

Visit site
Helenabbey, thanks for your msg. With regards to getting your friesian I would recommend P & L Luck horse transport aswell - they do a lot of overseas transport and are lovely poeple. You'll find them on Yell.com. I hadn't thought they'd want to do scotland - but they're happy to do anything - and the price is reasonable to. Looking at the response to this post tho - Eric Gillie is very well reputed too.
Thanks for all your replies so far everyone - its good to know about tried, tested and trusted people - especially with my beautiful little girlie - cant wait - but have too!