Help needed with an NVQ question

equibabe20

Visit site
Hi, I'm currently taking my NVQ 2 Horse care and I'm a bit confused on a question. The unit im doing is: Contribute to the initial equine rehabilitation plan, and the question is:

Establish the following types of equines within their accomodation
a. equines that live singularly
b. equines that live in groups

I work at an equine retirement home with over 100 horses so I think the answer has to be based on horses here but I don't really understand what the question is asking. Im probably just being thick but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks X

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I'm guessing it refers to if they live as a herd, or are turned out alone.
confused.gif

harvgj19

Visit site
It's not really worded very clearly is it?

I think I would interpret it as: something to do with establishing a new horse that:
a) that lives alone
b) that lives in a herd

???????????????????????????

nona1

Visit site
It's not a very clear question but I think they are asking you what you need to do to help a horse settle down into a new home when
it lives on its own
it lives in a group

Tia

Visit site
Sorry but I feel very sorry for you - that "question" is written in unintelligible English......

cobden99

Visit site
Im completely confused. Is it saying that in order to rehabilitate a horse you have to know whether it would be happy to go out on its own, or need to be with others (ie herd ?)
frown.gif

Breezesbenefactor

Visit site
Read the question like this:

You have a horse that is bought to you how to operate its settling in programme:

1) If it is to live alone.
2) If it is to live within a herd.

equibabe20

Visit site
Thanks everyone, glad you all think it poorly written I thought it was just me! Nearly all the questions are worded in that kind of way appaling really.

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
thats nvq for you, ive just completed a nvq course (mature student ah em!) and the questions are notoriously badly written and repeated but in a "special" way so as youre not supposed to notice. good luck!