Help needed with loan agreement

Halfpass

Visit site
Hi there more help needed with the loan of my boy. Have adjusted the BHS loan agreement to fit my needs. My friend is a legal secretary so I have shown it to her boss and they have said that it looks fine. I just have one question, I have attached a photo of him to it to enable him to be identified but do I need to include his microchip and passport numbers. I obviously know that I need to keep hold of the paperwork as the registered keeper but wasn't sure if the numbers should be included on the loan agreement. Also what happens when he is vaccinated with the loaner how do I get his passport signed without actually giving it to them. Thanks in advance for all your advice. Erika
laugh.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
The lady who owns the horse I am going to have on loan is giving me the passport because it is illegal to travel a horse without one... if you trust this person I would suggest giving them the passport as they will need to have it with them if ever travelling the horse or vaccinations.

malibu211211

How the hell do I know??? I can barely remember my
Visit site
Hi,
They need to have the passport for competitions. I had my boy on loan before I bought him and I had his passport. No-one can change the ownership details without you signing it and then it needs to be sent off.
Like someone else said, microchip is the best way to identify a horse so include the microchip number on the loan agreement.
Mali xx

baybeejay01

community.webshots.com
I would include every bit of information you possibly can, definitely microchip numbers etc. You should also scan your passport doc and keep the copy yourself. I would also write a letter to the PIO stating that the horse is out on loan until you inform them otherwise in writing, then no-one can change the ownership details without your say-so, and if it does happen, you have a really strong case.

LauraBR

Visit site
I wouldn't get too worried about handing the passport over. If the loaner was intending to steal the horse she could just as easily apply for a new passport for it anyway.

The passport system wasn't designed as 'proof of ownership'.

Good ideas re photocopying etc and writing to the passport agency. Good luck with the loan!

burtie

Visit site
You will need to hand the passport over to the loanee, I have just handed mine over after the months trial. My agreement also based on the BHS one, contains her passport number and Freezebrand as well as the description. But at the end of the day you do just have to trust them. My mare is very identifiable due to her sarcoids and I have photo's of those, although they do change over time
shocked.gif