HELP New Health and Safety laws

jenz87

Visit site
Help!!
Apparently new health and safety laws are coming into play in october, meaning if anyone employs more than 4 people they will be fined if all health and safety not up to date.

I have been on their website and downloaded risk assessment forms etc but i could do with some help as there are no horsey examples!

Has any YO here done one for their yard? Also do you have to do any leaflets for liveries etc, i cant find out any examples for horsey businesses.

Any advice greatfully received!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
If you have no idea what to do then you would be better to get someone in to advise you.

It doesn't matted how many employees you have you should know be familiar with the Health and safety and work act 1974 and a few other pieces of legislation such as RIDDOR. Have you got an accident book?

Risk assessments aren't worth the paper they are written on if they aren't carried out properly. You should sign and date all risk assessments too.

I have just spent a week on training for risk assessing and I still don't feel I would be capable as the person in charge of risk assessing a yard etc.