HELP - No poo!

_jetset_

Visit site
As a follow on from my, "Well, she is home" post I am a bit worried that Grace has not had a poo since she got to my yard. She had done a few in the trailer and had not eaten much haylage on her journey.

I have just been up for the third time and she is happily munching, has finished her tea and had a few drinks but still no poo... Is this normal or should I be worried???

I have been keeping my eye on her all night. She has done two wees and does not look uncomfortable at all.

Thanks!

Cobnut1

Visit site
I would seek the vet's adice on that.....horse's generally poo 8 times a day...and if she hasn't done any, there could a be a problem, if there isn't a problem now, there could soon be one. get it checked.

Weezy

Visit site
I wouldnt worry - she is just settling in - if there is no poo tomorrow and she is looking uncomfortable then chuck her a bran mash, otherwise just let her settle!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Perhaps turn her out for a few hours or at the least take her to graze in hand for an hour or so? It will give her a chance to unwind and see new things while she is enjoying herself so she will let herself down and she might start depositing as easily as that!
Otherwise, do as the others say, a nice warm bran mash with some tasty things in (as well as Epsom Salts!) should do the trick.

Of course, if others see this they will simply say 'Coligone'!!
grin.gif