help on feed question

miss_bird

Visit site
Ok, i known this is sort of cheating but i am doing my HOFKA level 2 and one of the questions is: which 2 nutrients are higher in alfalfa than any other chaff or chop?
I thought maybe lucerne and grass meal, now i know loads of you know the answer, so please can you tell me if i am right, nearly right or way off the mark, or you can just tell me the answer.
Thank you

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Lucerne IS alfalfa
smile.gif

I'm not sure I understand your question though... do you mean which feeds are higher in alfalfa than any other chaff or chop...
Alfa A would be one... But I live in Argentina so can't help any more than that.

Bossdog

Visit site
I think it means nutrition, so I so would say it is higher in protein as it's richer food. I don't knwo they other though, is it nitrogen, I think lucernes having nitrogen fixing properties.

Hope that helps

Doublethyme

Visit site
At a guess calcium may be one, as Alfalfa/Lucerne is high in that. Why not take a look on the Dengie webiste, as I am sure they will have lots of information on this type of thing.

Maybe as you don't appear to know that Alfalfa and Lucerne are the same thing, a little more research may be beneficial instead of just asking for the answers on here........
wink.gif

miss_bird

Visit site
Was having a moment yes i do know lucerne is alfalfa, i meant to put legunes as in peas and beans as these are high in energy and protein.
I was asking for views, as i found the was the question put a bit strange.
I am sure alfa A and legumes or mayne a grass meal