Help Please Microchip Registration

Lovethebeach

Visit site
Hi, some advise please, have bought new pony, his microchip is a Petlog (administered by Kennel Club) one, easy enough, contacted them, paid £6 to transfer to my name, all confirmed as new keeper and they are DEFRA compliant database. Sent off passport with fee of £17.50, a Horse Passport Agency one, passport came back with me as new keeper but also a letter saying they note a microchip number has been added since the passport issued but they cannot update their records or the Central Equine Database until a vet scans and confirms the microchip and fills out a form. I then have to return passport again and pay another £15.50 !! all within 30 days.
Looking at the passport where it says Microchip a vet has signed and stamped already and written microchip scanned so don't see why I have to book another vet visit to scan again and fill out form, by the time I do all this will have cost £100 to get everything updated, plus Petlog already have database. Do I really have to do all this to be compliant ?

meleeka

Visit site
I don’t think I’d bother. You can see it all looks fine and the microchip is on there. You also have your details with the chip company should anyone check. You could email them with a copy of the page and say that you don’t understand what the problem is as the microchip is there.