Help please, very sad

Jazmine

Visit site
My daughter has just this minute phoned me in floods of tears. This morning two horses were hit and killed on the A1, she saw the aftermath on her way to school which was not a nice sight.
Any ideas on how to help her, they were two horses she used to ride.
RIP Guiness and Chippy.
frown.gif

TGM

Visit site
OMG - how awful
frown.gif
. Would be bad enough to see anyway - but much worse as she knew the horses involved. Don't know what you can do really except to be there to listen to her and give her hugs.

KJJ

Visit site
Oh no!!
frown.gif

Poor chick
frown.gif

Poor horses
frown.gif

All you can do is comfort her, listen and try and make her think about where they have gone now (heaven) rather than how it ended
frown.gif

K x

Sooty

Visit site
How horrible for your daughter. How old is she? Was she on a bus with friends when she saw the horses? How she reacts will depend on a lot of factors, but just keep an eye on her and watch for unusual behaviour. Kids do tend to take things very hard, then bounce back quite quickly. Teenagers on the other hand are a different kettle of fish...

Jazmine

Visit site
Em's 14. She was with her friends one of which has had to be taken home as she used to ride the horses every day and is absolutely distraught. They were from the local riding school.
I just hope they died instantly and didn't suffer. By all accounts it was a mess. I'm still shaking, it's awful.

katelarge

Visit site
oh no! Whereabouts on the A1? I live close to it, but of course it's such a big road it mightbe nowhere near us... I hope... so awful, poor neddies... xx

katelarge

Visit site
I love it up your part of the world, very pretty! Anyway, I do feel for your poor daughter, and for her and her friend to know the ponies just makes it so much worse. It's sad when kids have to find out some the bad things about life, isn't it? As a mum you just want to protect them and make them happy!

miller

Visit site
I wondered if it was Stretton riding school when I heard it on Hereward this morning - poor horses.

Poor daughter - no ideas what to suggest

Jazmine

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Never mind the horses - what about the poor people that hit them? I hope no-one was killed or injured.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know. There are no reports of any injuries, I don't know what hit them I'm afraid. But I do understand where you're coming from.

Sooty

Visit site
Oh dear. Being 14 is bad enough without this sort of thing. It is a good thing she was with friends, they can help each other. This sort of event is a much bigger trauma for a young person than for someone older. All you can do is be vigilant, expect some mood swings and loud music and give lots of hugs.

Jazmine

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I wondered if it was Stretton riding school when I heard it on Hereward this morning - poor horses.

Poor daughter - no ideas what to suggest

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, it was. Em's in pieces, I offered to collect her from school but I think she wants to be with her friends at the moment.

vivhewe

Visit site
What a sad post
frown.gif
and how awful for the horses and their owners obviously, but your daughter and her friends must be devastated - I'm almost crying thinking about it
crazy.gif

I'd leave her with her friends today then pick her up from school in the car if you can and just do things for her. Make her favourite meal for tea etc.

Big ((hugs)) from me and I hope your little one keeps her chin up - it will be such a shock for them all.

viv x

meandmyself

Visit site
I wonder if you let her place some flowers etc for them? It might make her feel a bit better.

Huge hugs; what an awful thing to see!
frown.gif

Jazmine

Visit site
Good idea, thanks. I've just heard from hubby who works for the council that the quick response team got a call from the police at about 5am. Why the hell weren't the bodies removed or covered at least? The hunt is only 5 minutes away from where it happened.
mad.gif

Jazmine

Visit site
Tell me about it, when Em rang first thing I thought it had only just happened. I've spoken to her again and she wasn't so tearful, said she felt really sick which I guess is to be expected. They were hit by a pick up truck type lorry so it wouldn't have been a nice sight.

SarahRoads

Visit site
Chips and Guiness were such characters - my daughter and I used to ride at Stretton - its awful.

Jaz, send my love to your daughter, I can only try to understand what she must be feeling, my thoughts and support goes too to Sue and all the girls at the stables.

Jazmine

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Chips and Guiness were such characters - my daughter and I used to ride at Stretton - its awful.

Jaz, send my love to your daughter, I can only try to understand what she must be feeling, my thoughts and support goes too to Sue and all the girls at the stables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that. Me and Em had a long chat last night about the pair of them, Em remembers Chip as the little barsteward that she used to lead!!! Thats how she will always remember him! The cheekiest little bugger there!

Em wanted to say thank you to all for your kind words, she's okayish now, still upset but is old enough to know that [****] happens.

SarahR, it's nice to "meet" someone else that knew them. I haven't seen Sue yet but will pass on you thoughts when I do.