Help required re. price for horsebox...no idea!

RachelMcTimoney

www.mctimoney4animals.com
We have deiced to sell our lorry cos it costs too much and we hardly ever use it as horse doesn't travel !!!! Problem is how much to advertise at, i have NO idea!!!! it cost over £7k about 1-2 years ago. Have looked at other ads but prices vary so much i am lost and know nothing about lorries........

It is E Reg Leyland Road Runner Horsebox 2/3 horses with living. Non HGV 7.5t. PAS.188,000 Kilometres.
Taxed/plated till December 2006. Tyres very good condition, plus spare
Partitioned for 3 small or 2 large horses.
Comfortable living including a sink, gas rings, fridge, curtains, mirror, table. Sleeps 4.
Seperate lockable tack room with saddle racks plus Porta-loo.
Door from living into horses. One person ramp. Rubber matted floors.
Very reliable. Just been to have new batteries, tyre pressures checked....price.......what else would people want to know???

Sorry i know this is a boring one...
p.s. dealer we spoke to said didn't take old ones so no help there!

serena2005

Visit site
check mags and website to see what simular boxes are going for. prices do vary, just compare their condition with yours aswell.

if your in no rush. put a high price on it and take offers. if you get no interest then the price is too high

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
The main thing going against your box from reading your post is the shortness of Plate & tax, mainly the plate. If you put a new MOT on it then you would get far more interest in it because as you will know it can cost alot to get a lorry through a test.

I think that, assuming the lorry is clean & tidy inside & out, tyres, paintwork etc is good & there was 12 months plate on it you could probably get still get £6k or over for it. When lorries get to a certain age they sell on condition & length of test, rather than year. If you try & sell it with only the existing 3 months plate left I think you will get considerably less. Depending what is needed doing to it to get through a test & how much it will cost it may pay you to put 12 months on it.
Good Luck

dotty1

Visit site
I have just sold my lorry for the same reasons as you, and I made a big mistake of undervaluing it. It sold in 24hrs for full asking price and I am kicking myself. As said if you are in no hurry, put a higher price on it and you could be lucky. I only lost £800 over th 4 years I owned it and it could have been less if I had done more research!!!!!

Rambo

Visit site
Hmmmm....your lorry falls into that band that is 'how much does someone want to pay for it' I suspect. There is a huge range of prices it seems for lorries of that age and size. I would say anywhere from about £6k upto as much as £10k+ depending on the condition and build quality. It's difficult to give a better idea without a photo.

Probably best to look on horsemart for similar vehicles and try to price accordingly
smile.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
As someone said get it plated, but if you can hang onto it until the spring it will sell alot easier as well. It won't lose any money between now an d then as long as you put a new plate on it when you sell it. Don't worry about Tax though.