Help showing people!!!

lucyrostance

Visit site
Am competing in in hand small hunter tomorrow and just read the schedule and if I get placed first or second the championships are part of the evening gala performance. Having never done an evening performance before I have no idea what to wear!!! I may be jumping the guns a bit here but would be sods law if I don't take any just in case outfits and win the class so please advise what I need to pack in my just in case bag!! Thanks :)

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
I've only done it once - I had to cobble together an outfit as follows:

No hat or gloves, lots of make up, hair tied back, sparkly top, long black skirt, black ballet pumps. Basically, nothing horsey at all (apart from the horse ...)

Totally unsuitable (as far as I am concerned!) for leading a show horse in an evening performance!!!

You may find some pictures if you google last years show - that is probably your best bet.

MadBlackLab

Visit site
Leading a horse in ballet pumps that never been in an evening performance makes me cringe. My toe still recovering from my barefooted horse jumping on it last weekend in wellies. Surely showing is about the horse and not handler turnout.
Yes the handler should look smart but practical. Nice pair of beige trousers and short boots be smart.

Sorry no help to your question i know

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Leading a horse in ballet pumps that never been in an evening performance makes me cringe. My toe still recovering from my barefooted horse jumping on it last weekend in wellies. Surely showing is about the horse and not handler turnout.
Yes the handler should look smart but practical. Nice pair of beige trousers and short boots be smart.

Sorry no help to your question i know

That is day time wear - you should not be wearing beige trousers in an evening performance - just one of those things.

Cazza525

Visit site
evening wear. Smart black skirt, mine is split to just above knee and is figure hugging to run in! I wear a black jacket . I also wear court shoes. Lots of makeup and hair tied up in a ponytail. This was for evening performance NPS this year

indigosplat

Visit site
At the evening performance I was taking pictures of the other day a few of the lady inhanders had smart black trousers on and boots/shoes underneath with a sparkly top or even a white shirt and waistcoat on top, dunno whether that helps! there were a few in ballet pumps but riding not leading and mostly younger kids but i couldnt do it, i'd be like driving without a seatbelt, just feel wrong!

:)