help - some advice needed

wench

Visit site
this is a bit of a long one....

I have seen a horse advertised locally near me for sale, and went to have a look at her yesterday. Seems a nice quiet sort, but I didnt ride her as I didnt have time.

She is idxtb, 8yo. I already have one 10yo tbxid, but I was thinking about selling him in the summer anyway and getting a younger model.

The mare needs some work doing, not much, just bringing back into work, and some schooling, which I am capable of. However, the only thing that I'm holding back on is the money.

I could afford to buy her, and just about scrape by with two horses on livery (def not moving yards). My plan would be to buy her, and then get her schooled up, and then sell her in two or three months or so. Not necessarily to make any money, which I dont think I would do, but just as a bit of something different to do.

Trouble is, if I was stuck with both of them for a while, I really would be skint!!!

What would you guys do? Buy her or not buy her?

samp

Visit site
I bought my mare last year with a plan to keep couple of months and sell on. Well I still have her, however I did sell my older horse

Kelly1982

Visit site
I dont think i would buy her to be honest, we brought a horse about this time of year last year in the hope of having her for a few months and selling on, we have only just sold her
shocked.gif
We also had to drop £1,500 as we wanted to get rid of her before the winter set in. All the time, money, blood, sweat and twears wasn't worth it in the end IMO.

Think i would just keep your boy until the spring, sell him on and buy yourself something else then.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Can't see the point of buying another horse just to ride for a few months and then sell. If you are planning on making some money, fair enough, but otherwise seems a bit pointless over the nasty winter months to give yourself more work. Why not ask them to have her on loan to school on for them rathe than buying her?

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
If you want to learn something from her, then yes I would buy her, or even just to have fun, But really it seems a lot of fuss when you have a decent horse already. plus, with winter and everything it would be cheaper to take on this sort of project during the summer.

Ditto the loan idea... might be wotrth asking just incase, if money isn't the issue and then you could treat yourself to a few extra luxuries instead?

EC

pagancluf

Visit site
I thought about doing that in September and now stuck with 2 - but I could not sell either as very different and love them both to bits!! Careful if you do - don't get too attached like me the soppy old woman!