help! sorry to be frank but we've got problems with our "bits"!

magpiesyard

Visit site
Got down this morning to find Ruben with big red chunks of "stuff" all round his willy! the hair is blood stained and it all looks a bit of a mess! Always owned mares before him so never come across this before - has anyone else? Spoke to my vet who said its quite common and not necessary to be seen till after xmas! I've got to somehow hose it and apply bio yoghurt to it, he's not happy about it being touched at all!
Sorry its such a gross post!

Bert&Maud

Visit site
This might seem very strange, but I found a way with both of our geldings to make them "let it all hang out" if you get my meaning! One of them had cancer of the penis and needed it treating regularly so we needed to be able to get to it. If we did "carrot stretches" with them (you hold a piece of carrot between their knees and ask them to stretch down to take it) then everything dropped down. Very helpful if it works on yours, not promising!

annaellie

Visit site
reason I ask is I had a gelding that I brought in from field and was full of blood, when I called vet he said they were angleberrys, like sacroids in shape but burst and bleed and they were messy he had to have them surgically removed, there is a cream but vet said it could not be used in sheath area, so it was the only option, but done him no harm.