Help Vientos tail is being eaten!

piaffe

Visit site
Anything I can do?

I notcied tonight that it is thinner and am guessing Lily has been having a nibble; she's already had a good go at Summers.
mad.gif

Anything I can do about it other than not turn him out with her? Or am I stuck with a rapidly disapearing tail!
crazy.gif

TequilaMist

Visit site
We used chilli powder to deter young shetland from nibbling my sister gypsy cobs tail.Seemed to work.But think it differs once tried mustard powder with another and she seemed to like it even more!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Emma123

Visit site
Eek i wouldn't bandage it did anyone see the article in H&H other week where someone travelled their mare for 7 hours, arrived at the place late so never took the bandage off overnight and it cut off the blood supply so she had to have most of her tail amputated!!

Maybe plaiting it or is that giving the cheeky pony a better opportunity to taking a big chunk out of it?

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
I used to bandage my show ponies tail when she was turns out in the day the bugger used to itch hers off *tail that is* rubbing her bottom.... If you put it on right doesn't hurt for few hours but only an idea as other been said!

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
To keep my Andy's lush tail mud free when I turn him out I've been putting it in a big plait all the way down, threading it through itself so it's half the length, then putting a human tubigrip bandage thingy over the whole bottom bit. I then fasten in place with a few hair bobbles and bingo - his tail remains mud free all day. Might stop yours getting his tail eaten?

piaffe

Visit site
Thanks! But as he's out 24/, im not sure it would stay in for long!
frown.gif

like the idea of the spray though or i could remove the shetlands teeth!
grin.gif
grin.gif

sojeph

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
fab! do you know where i can get such stuff?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.tailgator.co.uk/purchase.html
There is this stuff (quite expensive tho!!) but the one I bought was especially for tail chewing although it was a while back. I bought it from a local saddler in Surrey. I suppose anything for cribbing ( spraywise) would do the job tho. You may find something for dogs that would work too. Basically anything that tastes crap!!